Subtitles way out of sync

Drunken

Hi guys.

Have used EMBY for a few years now.   for like 3-4-5 month ago it startet to screw my subtitles up.

When using EMBY on my pc its no problem. But when using on my Samsung tv it goes wrong (update by usb stick once a month)  Like 1 min out of sync or even way more.

Everything is with wire. My emby server is located on my pc. My library are on my NAS. Worked like a charm for long but now i just removed subtitles because of this problem. And that triggers me a little.

Anybody else out there struggling with this problem?  Movies i have seen before on EMBY with subtitles are now wrong. Some movies are showing them ok but most are not.

Maybe i did some stupid changes on the server? i dont know... 

Ronstang

Are you positive these are not subtitles that you are using emby to download?   What type of subs are these, SRT, PGS, SUB?  When I download subs there are rarely synched so I always check them and run them through SubSync and then Subtitle Edit if need be to perfect them. If these are subs you have ripped from your own discs but only play out of sync on the TV then there may be an issue with the emby app on that TV.  I only have Sony and LG TVs and use Firesticks too so I can't attest to Samsung.

Just rechecked last movie that was way wrong.

4 subtitle choices but no srt. or other.  only the movie file .MKV 

So if thats the "error" I guess Ill try download new subs and see what happens.

And yes I never did setup EMBY to get subtitles - Didnt work when i tryed long time ago. Normally I normally get SRT. subs. from Subscene.com

Hmm well some movies are fine with subs from my EMBY server.

Off to work again...  I will try all sorts of ideas in the hollydays to get this fixed 😕  

On 12/18/2022 at 5:38 AM, Drunken said:

4 subtitle choices but no srt. or other.  only the movie file .MKV 

Hi

If you don't see any *.srt files or suchs it's probably embedded in the videofile.

If you play the video on the TV and either enable geek settings or look in the Emby dashboard, is it transcoding?
I'm saying this because television's subtitle support usually is more limited compared to computer's/mobile's support.
If the subtitle format isn't supported by the TV itself that could cause it to transcode and cause a delay in subtitles for sure.
For more details on the subtitle format you could check with for example HandBrake/MediaInfo to see which codec for the subtitles is being used.

On 12/18/2022 at 5:38 AM, Drunken said:

And yes I never did setup EMBY to get subtitles - Didnt work when i tryed long time ago. Normally I normally get SRT. subs. from Subscene.com

For me "OpenSubtitles" works the best, here is a guide to get this going:
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001160043-open-subtitles

Hopefully it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again all. 

Finally home again but way to tired lol.

But did notice just now, that srt. files are working fine. Seems that it is MKV. files there are doing the trouble - Where subtitles are embedded in the videofile. No srt. or anything in movie folder but stil have different subtitles to choose from. Last few movies where it did screw up was that kind of a file. 

Anyway i can take a better look the upcoming days :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 2:56 PM, Drunken said:

Hi again all. 

Finally home again but way to tired lol.

But did notice just now, that srt. files are working fine. Seems that it is MKV. files there are doing the trouble - Where subtitles are embedded in the videofile. No srt. or anything in movie folder but stil have different subtitles to choose from. Last few movies where it did screw up was that kind of a file. 

Anyway i can take a better look the upcoming days :) 

@Drunken 

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!