Will this work?

Waldoo

If your remote user has a fixed IP address, you could add that to the list of local addresses in Emby which would then treat it as if at home (i.e. with the option not to require passwords).

Paul

(i.e. with the option not to require ) Are you saying that if i put a ip in the local addresses, i can have it require a password accept that local ip?

Happy2Play

Yes but you will need to ensure you cover all network per the note for the option.

LAN networks:

Comma separated list of IP addresses or IP/netmask entries for networks that will be considered on local network when enforcing bandwidth restrictions. If set, all other IP addresses will be considered to be on the external network and will be subject to the external bandwidth restrictions. If left blank, only the server's subnet and common private IP subnets (10.0.0.0/8, 192.168.0.0/24, etc.) are considered to be on the local network.

On 7/4/2022 at 3:52 AM, pwhodges said:

If your remote user has a fixed IP address, you could add that to the list of local addresses in Emby which would then treat it as if at home (i.e. with the option not to require passwords).

Paul

23 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes but you will need to ensure you cover all network per the note for the option.

LAN networks:

Comma separated list of IP addresses or IP/netmask entries for networks that will be considered on local network when enforcing bandwidth restrictions. If set, all other IP addresses will be considered to be on the external network and will be subject to the external bandwidth restrictions. If left blank, only the server's subnet and common private IP subnets (10.0.0.0/8, 192.168.0.0/24, etc.) are considered to be on the local network.

If i set this one ip of my brother he wont need a password and nothing changes for local net work?

Happy2Play

@Waldoo Correct but you have to add your entire LAN network also or you make all your local connections remote.

Happy2Play

To elaborate here you would add your LAN and the remote ip you want to be considered local and set the user password tab to not require password on LAN.  But note if user WAN IP ever changes you have to change it or they revert back to being Remote.

So this example it makes the one WAN address local along with the entire 192.168.10.0 subnet.  Once this field is populated you have to list all local subnets.

image.png.8cdb0071549b876b77de0814fba8cd90.png

12 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

To elaborate here you would add your LAN and the remote ip you want to be considered local and set the user password tab to not require password on LAN.  But note if user WAN IP ever changes you have to change it or they revert back to being Remote.

So this example it makes the one WAN address local along with the entire 192.168.10.0 subnet.  Once this field is populated you have to list all local subnets.

image.png.8cdb0071549b876b77de0814fba8cd90.png

thnx this should work! but one last question can i turn off remote connections for that profile and it still work?

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, Waldoo said:

thnx this should work! but one last question can i turn off remote connections for that profile and it still work?

Yes as it will not be considered Remote as longs as it maintains that IP address.

• Thanks 1