WebUI Not Loading

diablopants

diablopants

I am running emby server 4.7.0.10 from the official docker image.

Everything was running fine.

Then, I got curious as to what BETA had to offer.

Everything is not fine.

So, I replaced the latest (stable) docker image with the Beta image to see what new things it had to offer and it would only show the splash screen.

So, I replaced the Beta image with the image I was originally using (4.7.0.10) and now I can actually get to my webui but nothing else loads (see attached photo)

I am a dev-ops engineer and will be receiving a 10 year employment award tomorrow morning....yeah..../sigh...attached is my log.

err.png

embyserver (1).txt

Hi, can you try clearing browsing data and see if that helps? Since I can see you customized the server logo, you'll probably want to undo any other changes like that in order to rule them out.

Happy2Play

Per the log I can see these are not independent images.

Since you went to beta server you cannot downgrade as the log shows plugin load exeptions.  There are DB changes making it no longer compatible with 4.7.  Suspect you have to start a new database or revert back to 4.8.0.21.

• Agree 1

diablopants
56 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ah I totally missed that. Why did you downgrade from beta to stable?

IDK, I panicked.
The Webui wouldn't go past the splast screen.

BUT Reverting back to beta has allowed me to atleast get access through the client.
Webui is still a problem but I only have myself to blame.

diablopants

Sorry to double post.
If I DID want to run a seperate container for beta that utilizes my existing database/library/etc, would I be able to point a beta container to my existing data without conflict between the two? Or would I need to make a copy of my db specifically for beta?

My thought is that the Beta container, once started, would make changes to my db rendering my stable container broken.

Thanks again for the support.

My thought is that the Beta container, once started, would make changes to my db rendering my stable container broken.

Hi, yes exactly. I would not suggest trying to point two servers at the same database.