Server is getting very slow sometimes

taker1988
Go to solution Solved by taker1988,

taker1988

Hi,

I have Emby Server 4.7.10.0 running on my Syno DS720+ (no Docker, installed with *.spk). Emby is activated with a Lifetime-License.

My problem is, that de server sometimes is very slow. No matter if I am on my local network, or outside my network. It takes up to 5 minutes, till i can do something on the server!

But if I waited that time, than the Server is very fast. It looks like the server is went into a sleep mode or something and needs to be woken up?!

If I connect to my Server the login screen is there asap. I also can type in my password and click login...than it takes so long. After all finished loading, than the server is super fast and i could do anything.

I tried this with the Emby App on the Shield Pro 2019, on Firetv Stick 4k max, Emby app on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra or on other computers outside my local network. The same happens on every device. Also if I am using the webinterface inside and outside my network.

It really looks like, that the server is going to sleep, when I dont use it and than it takes his time to wake up... could that be?

I attached the logfile and a picture of the "loading screen".

best regards!

//edit: I have set up a schedule on the server settings now, that emby scans my media library every 30 min. Maybe i can prevent it from going to sleep?! But I guess this is not he right solution.

1.JPG

embyserver.txt

Edited by taker1988

Happy2Play

I would disable or uninstall portmapper plugin as it is spamming your server log.

Also you need to fix your iNotify issue.

The configured user limit (128) on the number of inotify instances has been reached, or the per-process limit on the number of open file descriptors has been reached.

Is this folder going offline or disconnecting?

LibraryMonitor: Skipping realtime monitor for /volumeUSB2/usbshare/4k Test because the path is currently not available

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/volumeUSB2/usbshare/4k Test'.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/volumeUSB1/usbshare1-2/aufnahmen/filme/Werner - Eiskalt!/poster.jpg'.

I would start by removing the additional plugins that you've installed Then restart the server and let us know how that compares. Thanks.

taker1988

@Happy2PlayThanks for your answer. But I still have questions. :)

iNotify - If i get that right, than it is a problem caused by my NAS? Also in the linked thread, I read, that this fix will be started on every reboot of the NAS? But my NAS is 24/7 online, so this wouldn´t have any effect?

Next... 

LibraryMonitor: Skipping realtime monitor for /volumeUSB2/usbshare/4k Test because the path is currently not available

This folder doesn´t exist anymore. I deleted it from my USB-HDD which is hooked up on my NAS. I don´t know, why Emby still tries to scan it, cause i don´t tipped in this path on my libraries?!

What exactly does the Portmapper Plugin do? When I try to use it, it says, that this plugin does not have anny settings.

@Luke This would be my next step. Thx

Next... 

Have you checked Emby library setup? You probably still have a library using this location.

Happy2Play
8 hours ago, taker1988 said:

iNotify - If i get that right, than it is a problem caused by my NAS? Also in the linked thread, I read, that this fix will be started on every reboot of the NAS? But my NAS is 24/7 online, so this wouldn´t have any effect?

All you would have to do is restart your NAS once to apply the fix then.

8 hours ago, taker1988 said:

What exactly does the Portmapper Plugin do? When I try to use it, it says, that this plugin does not have anny settings.

It tries to automatically open ports assuming your setup supports it.  No fan of Auto UPNP, always recommend manually port forwarding.

• Solution
taker1988

@Luke You were right. The path was still in one library. I deleted the path. Should be fine now.

@Happy2Play Ok, i created that task and restartet my NAS. Also i deleted de Portmapper-Plugin, Webhooks, ZDF Mediathek, Trailers, Gotify Notifications and Cinema Intros,

cause I don´t need them.

As a sidenote...I have chosen the task "Detect Episode Intros" and let it run every 30 min. The task takes only 3 secs to finish. So my server doesn´t need many resources.

With this setup it´s running fine so far now. I need to test it a couple of days. Maybe it solved my problem now. :)

I have chosen the task "Detect Episode Intros" and let it run every 30 min.

That seems excessive. I would put it back the way it was before.