LG Emby App - Playback Error - No compatible streams

FredrikT

FredrikT

My dad just got a new LG TV. I updated the TV (WebOS) to the latest version, installed Emby and connected to my server back home. I was about to show him how beautiful could be (compared to a crap TV decoder), but the three different things I tried to play all showed "Playback error - No compatible streams are currently available.". After Emby just hangs. On all other devices, also from the same network, this isn't a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
FredrikT
On 26/12/2022 at 18:15, Luke said:

I posted a reply in a private message Luke. I see a 204 error in the server logs whenever trying to play back any content.

Edited by FredrikT

On 12/31/2022 at 5:01 AM, FredrikT said:

I posted a reply in a private message Luke. I see a 204 error in the server logs whenever trying to play back any content.

@FredrikTwhy do you think a 204 response is an error?

• 3 weeks later...
FredrikT
On 20/01/2023 at 20:24, Luke said:

@FredrikT ?

Also please provide a copy of the media info for this video from the bottom of the web app detail screen. Thanks.

This problem is for all media I have published through Emby. Emby for Android and Windows works just fine from the same network. The only problem is the brand new LG TV with the native (updated) Emby client.

FredrikT
On 02/01/2023 at 02:07, Luke said:

@FredrikTwhy do you think a 204 response is an error?

This is the only error i saw in the server logs (attached in private conversation), which sort of would make sense as error 204 is a "no content" error and no media ever starts playback. But it's only a theory 😉

• 4 weeks later...

Right, 204 is not an error code. It just means response with no data attached to it. Has this user configured the quality setting in the LG app? What is it set to?

• 3 weeks later...
FredrikT
On 20/02/2023 at 03:02, Luke said:

Right, 204 is not an error code. It just means response with no data attached to it. Has this user configured the quality setting in the LG app? What is it set to?

I've tried to set it to the default Auto, and also lock it in at a 1080 bitrate. No difference.