Emby Theater Not playing AC3 audio, others work

BurntTech

BurntTech

I have NUC8 using integrated graphics hooked up to the receiver then to a S95B Samsung. This used to work before but i'll be honest i'm not sure if this stopped working with the new TV was added or not.  Movies like harry potter using trueHD 7.1 works just fine using direct play. But trying any movie with AC3 using direct play has zero audio. With direct play there isn't any logs like there is for transcoding, I'm guessing I need debug logging? While troubleshooting I noticed that under stats for nerds that audio was transferring 0kbps.

• I tried some tricks like rewinding or fastforwarding.
  • Enable audio passtrough for AC3
  • Changing windows audio output mode from 7.1 down to 5.1 down to stereo
  • Playing from same movie from the webplayer on the NUC8 works with AC3

BurntTech

3.0.19 after the upgrade it worked playing test movie once after restart it didnt play audio again

included the theater log since since this is a directplay issue. I didn't anything great in those logs. I also attached an image showing the 0 bitrate of audio

Server Version:4.7.10.0

Theater Versions 3.0.19

20221213_153015.jpg

theater-63806542153.txt

BurntTech

Small update since i'm starting to lose track of what is doing what.

I enabled HDR in windows and broke audio for previously working 5.1/7.1 movies

Switched from Direct mode to auto surround on the receiver. This seems to allow AC3(Also now the 5.1/7.1 broken audio too) audio to work only if you rewind or fastforward.

Sidenote: Receiver has to click its relay each time passthrough changes is sent. Not sure if this delay is a reason why?

generiq

I noticed that you aren't using hardware acceleration. In the video settings try setting video output to gpu-next and hardware acceleration to auto. Does the audio work correctly, then?

BurntTech

no the audio has been a complete pain and getting out of sync. I tried gpu and gpu-next with forced hardware acceleration and auto and it seems to get choppy still. I'm wondering if this audio related since it seems to change when display syncing

VIDEO

video output = auto/gpu/gpu-next/libmpv - same choppy behavior

hardware acceleration = auto and auto copy back

output range = auto

deinterlace: off - poor performance

audio delay = 0

audio delay23-25 = 0

enable refeshrate switching = yes

perfered refresh rates = blank

enable video display syncing = auto  (I tried using resample and it seemed to get worse but the audio worked without rewinding first!?)

direct3d = off

interpolation = off

AUDIO

speaker layout = auto or 7.1

passthroughs tried them on and off

exclusive = off

upmix music = on

It was so bad we ended up doing vlc player last night

Edited by BurntTech
adding audio

generiq

@BurntTech do you know how to generate an mpv log? If you do, can you repeat the error and attach the log?

If you don't, take a look at this link and create an mpv.conf. Add the line for logging, including the text file name and extension. EXAMPLE:  log-file="C:\Users\username\Documents\mpv logs\log.txt"

Play the video once, and attach the log.