Live TV: HDHR + Samsung TV - Playback error: No compatible streams ...

dnalloheoj

dnalloheoj

Playback Error: No compatible streams are currently available.

This occurs when attempting to view a Live TV stream from a Samsung TV using the Emby App. The error message pops up after ~5-10 seconds of loading after first clicking on a channel. Specifically, FOX, while an NFL game is being broadcast. 

Info -
Server: Emby v4.7.10.0
Client: Samsung TV Emby App - Newest version from the Samsung store as of today.
Tuner: HDHomeRun QUATTRO FW: 20220822

Fresh install. Migrated my media server, pulled an oopsie during moving the MV so rebuilt from scratch and abandoned an Emby 'competitor' in favor of this one. So far, loving it. So much cleaner.

Emby is installed to /opt/emby-server/

ffmpeg was installed (Read elsewhere this could be an issue related to Firefox/Emby on the server side of things). Made a difference, but just that when it tries to load the stream it takes a little longer. The displayed error message remains the same. Tried installing/defaulting Chrome as the browser just as a grasping at straws attempt but no difference there.

So far have only noticed this with FOX and in particular with a NFL game being played. Can't imagine this has to do with the channel being "protected" as it's OTA but could be wrong.

The channel works fine in a web browser from a Windows 10 machine. If I start a recording from the TV, I can play those recordings in a browser as well. The one or two times I tried to play a recording on the TV also failed with the same error (If I recall correctly..). The channel also works fine via the HDHomeRun app, Kodi, MythTV, etc..

Logs attached. Should be a fresh reboot, then a successful connection attempt from the Windows PC, followed by a failed connection attempt from the Samsung TV.

Appreciate any guidance!

embyserver-63806359205.txt hardware_detection-63806359221.txt ffmpeg-transcode-3b3a7bda-6f1d-4473-9b4a-9dbb937e77ae_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-3f9fd006-6b4a-4453-b380-367f15b83941_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-ead4588c-e15f-4715-96c7-303dd74ffcde_1.txt embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-0fc4f695-279f-4202-8f81-d0276444f21a_1.txt

Edited by dnalloheoj

dnalloheoj

I don't know how I missed this scrolling through the logs the first time, surely this has something to do with it though:

2022-12-11 12:40:29.608 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: /media/TV.Shows
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.7.10.0
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Linux version 5.15.0-56-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-004) (gcc (Ubuntu 11.3.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 11.3.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.38) #62-Ubuntu
    Framework: .NET 6.0.8
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/media/TV.Shows/Temporary/couchpotatoserver/env/lib/python2.7/encodings' is denied.
     ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.MoveNext()
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance.AddDirectoryWatchUnlocked(WatchedDirectory parent, String directoryName)
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance.AddDirectoryWatchUnlocked(WatchedDirectory parent, String directoryName)
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance..ctor(FileSystemWatcher watcher, SafeFileHandle inotifyHandle, String directoryPath, Boolean includeSubdirectories, NotifyFilters notifyFilters, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEvents()
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEventsIfNotDisposed()
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents(Boolean value)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor.<>c__DisplayClass37_0.<StartWatchingPath>b__0()
    Source: System.Private.CoreLib
    TargetSite: Boolean MoveNext()
    InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
    Source: 
    TargetSite: 

Weird as that directory should be setup for 'Everyone' to have read/write though. Maybe child objects didn't inherit? 

Talking out loud/fixing this live, here 😐

Edited by dnalloheoj

dnalloheoj

Would this have been caused by me possibly installing emby-server w/ sudo?? I don't think I did.. But it's possible I did it out of habit. Seems weird that if that were the case it'd only be happening with a certain channel though. TBD if the channel works after the NFL game ends. 

The directory it's complaining about (From /env/ and beyond) are indeed owned by 'Root' and are hosted on a Synology share. Doesn't seem like I can chown/chmod them into working, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. 

Edited by dnalloheoj

dnalloheoj

A little later in the day, can confirm NFL games work fine on CBS, but still no FOX. So thinking it's not related to "Protected Content" of any kind..

Every other channel that I've tried appears to work just fine now, and before. I THINK FOX was working at about 7am (Checked it as Emby was something I was going to share with my parents, who like a certain type of news), and no changes were made since installing and confirming working, until this morning when I noticed FOX wasn't (NFL Pregame show on Fox didn't work either).

Will check tonight/tomorrow mid-afternoon and see if any different results.

Edited by dnalloheoj

• 2 weeks later...