Offline Access and Syncing not working

Tennis Fan

Tennis Fan

Am hoping someone might be able to help here.  I have been using Emby for years for movies and tv shows and have successfully sync'd content to my iPad so that I can view it offline when I am 30,000 feet up in the air on a plane or somewhere without wi-fi.   I recently decided to also move all of my music to Emby too so that I could do the same thing on my iPhone 14 Pro.  I wanted to be able to sync and download my music to my phone for offline access to my music while working out away from home.

I cannot seem to sync or download any content to my phone of any kind.  When I go into the app on my phone, I select a song or a tv show, hit the download icon, it says it is downloading, but later when I select the "downloads" icon at the bottom of the screen, nothing is showing.  When I go to "Manage Downloads" it shows the item and says "Ready to Transfer" but there is no way to start transferring.  The radial buttons at the right give you "Edit" or Delete" as your two choices.  When I click Edit, it takes me to an option to Save the item but when I do that nothing happens.  Any help here or ideas about what to do?  The online instructions for doing this show a choice in the App for "Make Available for Download" with a check box for a movie or a tv show.  My App doesn't hvae that check box option anywhere.

????  Many thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

The online instructions for doing this show a choice in the App for "Make Available for Download" with a check box for a movie or a tv show

Hi, nowadays these are just download buttons. @cayars can update these help topics.

Have your downloads completed?

@Tennis Fan

In the app have you selected a location to download the file to?  How much free space does it have?

Are you using "Download" or "Download to"?

What/how are you choosing the media to download/sync? For music are you trying to sync a song, album, artist, playlist or library?

Try downloading a single movie to see if it will download. Try selecting original for the profile to see if that makes any difference.

Let us know,
Carlo