Emby Server not updating/syncing Movie Folder

narb77

Hi

I have had Ember running without issue on DSM-7 since it was released.  Randomly today I noticed an issue where new movies I have added to my library were not showing up in Emby Theatre.  After manually scanning a bunch of times with new content added, I found that movies were not updating at all however, TV shows seemed to still be fine.

Reading similar issues, I suspected I had currupted data which seemed plausible after an unplanned power outage. (Daughter turned off power to my UPS)

To start fresh, I uninstalled the application & deleted the root files using WinSPC.  I then updated Emby to the newest 4.7.10.0 build.  I set up a new library in Emby Server but noticed I did not have to set user permissions up again (Not sure why if I deleted everything).  I then scanned the library but still not picking up any of the movies in the folder at all.

Attached is the log from the latest scan.  I have not added a TV Shows library as yet until I first get the movies working correctly.

Not sure what is going on.  I have been using Emby for years and have not changed anything.

Thanks in advance.

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

You appear to have a permission issue on your movie library.

Access to the path '/volume1/video/Movie/Minions Collection/Minions. The Rise of Gru (2022)' is denied.

Happy2Play

You need to adjust iNotify

The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached, or the operating system failed to allocate a required resource.

How to fix RTM not working caused by limited inotify instances/watches - Tutorials and Guides - Emby Community

I have followed the tutorial, added & run the command line, restarted the NAS & Emby Server but still not working.  Log indicates the same issue but I have run the check command lines which indicate it should have worked.  

image.png.768a0e04ed02ec0878ee6afe1d889904.png

embyserver (3).txt

Happy2Play

iNotify has nothing to do with the permissions issues you will have to work out on the library.

Access to the path '/volume1/video/Movies/Minions Collection/Minions. The Rise of Gru (2022)' is denied.

Don't know permission on these platforms though.

Hi @narb77 yes, @Happy2Play is correct. It looks like you've solved the INotify limit but not the permissions problem. Can you please take a look at that?

I think this may help you:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Thanks Luke.  Permissions was the first thing I checked which are all fine.

I have found the issue but still not sure of the reason.  It seems I had two movie folders with access path denied errors preventing the scan from working.  When these folders were removed from my collection, the scan worked fine.

All I needed to do then to add these to my collection was raise new folders for each & relocate files to the new folders.  Once the new folders were added to my collection, the scan worked and everything is now fine.

Any thoughts???

Yes having a subfolder with inaccessible permissions can cause this but it's something I've been looking into resolving. Thanks.