Can’t connect the latest Android update to my Emby Server

zenobit06

zenobit06

Made today an update to Emby 3.2.89 for Android … with the result that it can not connect anymore to the Emby Server Version 4.7.10.0 on my Mac.

If I try to connect Emby Android to the Server there comes an error message which say: “This emby Server must be actualized”. Unfortunately this is not possible, because Server Version 4.7.10.0 is the last version which is compatible with my macOS High Sierra.

So my only chance to make it run again is a Emby downgrade for my Android to the latest version before 3.2.89. Is this possible and how I can do it?

Greetings from Thailand,

zenobit

zenobit06

It's a pity that I didn't even get any feedback on my problem, let alone any support.

However, it also makes it easier to say with disappointment goodbye to Emby after more than three good years together and to look for an alternative provider. 

Life long and prosper. 🖖

pwhodges
On 12/12/2022 at 16:07, zenobit06 said:

It's a pity that I didn't even get any feedback on my problem, let alone any support.

It's also a pity you didn't provide the information that would enable someone to help you - specifically the log from the server (and BTW 4.7.10.0 is the current release version of the server).

Paul

Just now, pwhodges said:

It's also a pity you didn't provide the information that would enable someone to help you - specifically the log from the server (and BTW 4.7.10.0 is the current release version of the server).

Paul

Hopefully we can get him squared away now.

zenobit06

@Luke @pwhodges:

okay, my fault: I accidentally gave you a wrong information ... SORRY.
The server which runs on my mac and can’t be updated anymore on High Sierra is not Version 4.7.10.0 but 4.6.4.0

The Android update (3.2.89) which I made last Saturday is not compatible with the Mac-Server 4.6.4.0 … the error message say: “This emby Server must be actualized”.

zenobit06

Found a solution myself:
Unlike Emby for Android 3.2.89, the current Android version of "Hi-Fi Cast" Music Player works fine with Emby Mac Server 4.6.4.0

• Thanks 1