Emby for Android: (some) highlighted icons hardly visibly

sylvio2000
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

sylvio2000

Hi.

On the homescreen (search icon and user icon) and the media player icons (audio, subtitle, settings) are hardly visible when highlighted. Most of the icons have a big white border around it, but the mentioned icons only get a little bit bigger and thats it.

I have an example for you: On the first one the settings icon is highlighted and on the second one the audio icon is highlighted. Now imagine you are sitting 3meters or more  away from your tv: You hardly see that this icon is highlighted

IMG_20221209_154840.jpg

IMG_20221209_154849.jpg

Hi, that's not normal. Are you sure you have the app in TV display mode? What device is it running on?

If you're using this with touch or mouse input, then it's normal that you wouldn't see a highlight.

In the app's display settings, although it's supposed to be hidden on TV devices. I would try installing 3.2.89 first in case there was something going on in that build.

sylvio2000

I installed 3.2.89. but nothing changed. There is no tv display mode as you said.

May  I ask what it should look like?

edit: I cleared cache and data of the app, but there is no difference. Maybe its because its a FireTV and no "real" AndroidTV?

Edited by sylvio2000

Maybe we're getting criss-crossed on how you're defining selection, but when a button has focus it looks like this:

image.png

sylvio2000

Interesting.

For me there is no such white circle around the selection. It looks like this (settings icon is selected)_

IMG_20221211_211653.jpg

hstamas

Oh man I thought that’s just how Emby looked!

I’ve struggled with knowing If something is highlighted or not for years. Mostly in filter dialog boxes.

hstamas
2 hours ago, sylvio2000 said:

Fire OS 7 is based on Android 9 Pie (API level 28).

@hstamas

What device do you run emby on? Is it a FireTV device, too?

Built in Android TV on a Sony TV but I remember it being like this on other devices as well over the years.

For me its more for screens like a filter dialog where your trying to check off the "unplayed" choice. You can barely see that its highlighted.

sylvio2000

I tested emby for android on my FireTV4k. There it works!

The main difference to my FireCube gen 2 is the FireOS version:

FireCube= FireOS7 (Android9)

FireTV4K=FireOS6 (Android 7.1)

In my local network pihole blocks updates on both devices. On the devices itself updates are blocked, too. Both devices are using alternative launcher. But I already disabled this launcher on the Cube, but this doesnt change anything.

• Thanks 1

Hi.  I noticed this on the Xbox app yesterday as well.  Very hard to see which of those icons is in focus because it only expands just very slightly and has no focus background. 

• 3 weeks later...