Emby Theater macOS 5.1 audio

jashnok

Hey there,

When playing back any 5.1 video in Emby Theater on macOS using a stereo headset for example, the sound isn't converted to Stereo playback. All I can hear is some background sounds from the video i'm watching, but no voices.

kinda weird but after restarting my macbook for another reason it seems to work now.

but on a different topic, is it intended that the mouse cursor doesn't hide on macOS?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 1:12 AM, jashnok said:

kinda weird but after restarting my macbook for another reason it seems to work now.

but on a different topic, is it intended that the mouse cursor doesn't hide on macOS?

HI, this should be resolved in the next update to the Emby macOS app. Thanks !

• 1 month later...

The Issue with the sound is still there. So what's happening is: I've got a 4-Channel USB Audio Interface that I'm using. but the output only goes to channels 1 and 2. so i have to switch my audio output to e.g. macbook speakers when i start the video and can switch back as soon as it's loaded. then everything is fine. But it happens on every new video i start playing. let me know if you need more information.

12 minutes ago, jashnok said:

Audio issue is still there unfortunately

As a matter of fact, the update added more issues than I had before. Apparently it's not even capable of playing back 4K HEVC video without transcoding on the server side (which always defaults to 720p 1.5mpbs). The mouse still only disappears after I press a button on the keyboard after the UI faded out.

• 2 weeks later...

Direct Play works again, when set to auto 1 video is still resorting to transcoding to 720p. If I manually set it to 1080p 4 Mbps it's it says Direct Play.

But the audio issue is still there. And just to maybe clarify it again: I have a 4 channel USB audio interface, where Channels 1 and 2 are my output channels. If I play anything that has a 5.1 channel audio source in direct play and sometimes also transcoded, it seems like it's trying to play it on all 4 channels. so i only hear background/surround sound. Thats the best way I could describe the sound I hear.

Let me know if you need more information

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/8/2023 at 9:47 AM, jashnok said:

any updates or more insight into these issues? @Luke

Hi, we're looking into this. Thanks.