Can't connect to correct emby server remotely

Chalklands

Chalklands

Hi,

Very confused!

Currently I have two emby servers installed

1. One on my laptop with media stored on an external HDD

2. One on my Synology NAS, media stored on this

On each emby server the remote (WAN) connection address is exactly the same 18.xx.7.xxx:8096 (I've blanked part of the address)

I can't understand why they are the same? Shouldn't they be different addresses?

pwhodges

As you have only one external address (unless you have a very unusual setup_, you'll need to choose at least one different port to access your second server with (the Emby servers don't realise they are in conflict).  Then in your router you'll need to forward the two different ports to port 8096 on each of the local IP addresses of the servers, and in the Emby server for which you are using a different port, edit that port number in the remote network settings to match.

Paul

Chalklands

Hi Luke,

All fine now. My solution was (for anybody else with this issue)

I had two instances of EMBY running. One on a laptop with external HDD & one on a Synology NAS

I left the Laptop version totally unchanged.

In my router (Virgin Media Hub 3) I went to advanced settings/UPnP and made sure that this was enabled, which it was already.

On the NAS EMBY I went to the network settings and changed Public HTTP port number from 8096 to 8097 and made sure the 'Allow remote connections to this Emby Server' option was ticked and saved the new settings.

I then installed the Port Mapper plugin, restarted the EMBY server and ticked the 'Enable automatic port mapping' box under the network settings and saved the new settings.

I can now access the server remotely using the 8097 port number.

Everything works fine now.

Thanks

Pete

Edited by Chalklands
typo
  • Thanks 1