Emby for Android: Ask for user to login?

sylvio2000
Go to solution Solved by justinrh,

sylvio2000

Hi.

I am using version 3.2.8.6 on my FireTV Cube gen2. This version works great except 2 things:

1. Is it possible everytime I start emby to get asked which user to login?

2. Sometimes its really hard to recognize where my "cursor" is. For example it is nearly impossible to see that I am highlighting the magnifying glass in the upper right corner. It gets a bit bigger, but I think that this is not enough.

seanbuff
2 hours ago, sylvio2000 said:

1. Is it possible everytime I start emby to get asked which user to login?

Not currently possible with the standard Android app, but possible in the Android TV app which should be available for your FireTV

2 hours ago, sylvio2000 said:

2. Sometimes its really hard to recognize where my "cursor" is. For example it is nearly impossible to see that I am highlighting the magnifying glass in the upper right corner. It gets a bit bigger, but I think that this is not enough.

What theme are you using, the search icon should turn into a big white circle when highlighted.

sylvio2000

1. Yes, it is possible with the Android TV app. But I dont want to use it anymore, because the Android app works much better.

2. I am using the Media Center Theme. I will try another theme.

sylvio2000

OK.

I tried every possible theme, but it does not work. The search and user icon just gets a little bigger and thats it. Should it do anything other?

Edit: Btw its the same with the white media player icons. It is barely visible if the right icons are highlighted (audio, subtitle, settings).

I made 2 screenshots to show a comparison. On the first one the settings icon is highlighted. On the second one there is the audio icon highlighted. 

IMG_20221209_154840.jpg

IMG_20221209_154849.jpg

Edited by sylvio2000

5 hours ago, sylvio2000 said:

Is it possible everytime I start emby to get asked which user to login?

Sign out.  Then, when you sign back in, on the screen where you enter the password, uncheck "Remember Me".

sylvio2000

There is no "remember me". I think that is only in the AndroidTV app.

edit: I have no passwords for my users. Maybe that is the problem?

BTW: I will open another thread for the other problem.

Edited by sylvio2000

• Solution
justinrh

Could he mis-use the network settings to make the server think the client is on a remote connection to force login?  (When I connect remotely, I get the login screen showing remote users.)

@sylvio2000 you could set a password on your users then set 'Local network sign in mode:' accordingly.

5 hours ago, sylvio2000 said:

I set a password for each user and set it to "dont need  a password in the local network. Now it works 

If you have remote access enabled at all, then that is the best solution.

In that app, the "Remember me" is only on the password/user entry screen.  So, I think, just manually entering one of the logins would have also allowed you to uncheck that.