Trakt - adding to collection even when option disabled

zebo51

I'm not sure if this is a new feature or been around but I started noticing media getting added to my trakt collection.  I have never used this and it just started happening in the last few weeks.  I checked the plugin and saw that feature and that it was enabled.  I disabled it and it is still happening.  Even after a few restarts.

I don't have any trakt tasks either, I just have it updated watched status after media is played. 

Any ideas why all of a sudden this has started?  I know the plugin has been updated recently.

Thanks

Just added shantaram's latest episode and it added it to my collection.  I also added 3 or 4 other shows latest episodes and none of those were added.  Added a movie the other day and it got added.  It's random on what gets added. I'll PM you my server log.

trakt 02.png

Edited by zebo51

Hi, if you remove it from trakt does it get added again? Unchecking it won't remove something that has already been added.

7 hours ago, Luke said:

If you add new content to Emby, does that get added to Trakt, even if it shoudln't?

Sometimes, its random on what gets added and not. 

• Agree 1

Just added 2 more episodes to shows I'm watching, one got added to the collection and the other didn't.  I'll send you my latest log.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, zebo51 said:

Just added 2 more episodes to shows I'm watching, one got added to the collection and the other didn't.  I'll send you my latest log.

And they both should have, or should not have?

8 hours ago, Luke said:

And they both should have, or should not have?

haha as stated in my OP, I never used it and have is disabled. ;)

7 hours ago, Luke said:

Then why not just uninstall the trakt plugin? What are you using it for?

Keep track of things I watch, when next episodes are coming or seasons are starting back up.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Luke said:

@zebo51 are you still running into this?

Yes, just before trakt went down I had removed the plugin and reinstalled it but couldn't test.  Now that everything is back online with them, it is still happening.

• Agree 2

On 12/23/2022 at 12:17 AM, Luke said:

@zebo51 are you still running into this?

Is there a way to roll back to previous version of the trakt plugin to see if that changes anything?

EDIT - Also not sure if I mentioned, but they get added when the real time monitor runs.  So as soon as I add a new episode, they get added.

Edited by zebo51
  • Agree 1

claptnei
On 27/12/2022 at 12:09, zebo51 said:

Is there a way to roll back to previous version of the trakt plugin to see if that changes anything?

EDIT - Also not sure if I mentioned, but they get added when the real time monitor runs.  So as soon as I add a new episode, they get added.

I agree, is there anyway to rollback the Trakt plugin version without it auto updating to the latest version straight afterwards?

• 3 weeks later...
claptnei

Yes the issue still exists. Some collected update, some don't, some will if you run the schedule task, and then some won't even then. Play history works fine.

10 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you still having an issue with this?

Yes, same as last time you asked and no other communication.  claptnei and I also both asked about trying to go back to an older version of the plugin to see if that was the issue.  I'm guessing this happens to more than just us 2 but it is not getting reported.

Actually it seems for me pretty much anything I add now goes into my trakt collection. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI, can you try redoing your authentication with the latest update to the Emby trakt plugin? Please see if that helps. Thanks !

10 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, can you try redoing your authentication with the latest update to the Emby trakt plugin? Please see if that helps. Thanks !

I haven't gotten a trakt plugin update recently.  I had a playback reporting, statistics and xml update last night. 

trakt is still 3.6.3.0

Well thought it was working for a minute.  I had added a few episodes and a movie and none of them showed up in collections, then an episode showed up this morning, so still not working.

• Facepalm 1

claptnei
20 hours ago, zebo51 said:

Well thought it was working for a minute.  I had added a few episodes and a movie and none of them showed up in collections, then an episode showed up this morning, so still not working.

Same here, still not adding to collections

• 1 month later...