'Skip Intro' button is always active

notuxnobux
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

notuxnobux

I've only been able to verify this on the Xbox Emby Theatre app, but didn't see a forum section for it.

Basically this happens:

• Start playing a TV series.
  • Skip intro button pops up.
  • Press the middle button on the media remote to skip the intro.

That's all fine. However, any subsequent presses of the middle button on the media remote will result in the skip intro button being pressed again and it'll return you to that point in the episode.

I've verified this behaviour by pressing the skip intro button, then pressing either up or down on the media remote to 'unselect' the skip intro button; then pressing the middle button will just bring up the in-episode menu thing and doesn't exhibit the buggy behaviour.

Where is the best place to get this issue reported so it can be looked at? As it's rather irritating :)

Thank you

Edited by notuxnobux

Hello notuxnobux,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

notuxnobux
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, that's odd. Is the skip intro button still visible when this is going on?

Hi Luke. The button is not visible when it happens, no. It's as if it's alpha is sat to zero but it's click event listener is still active or something. 

notuxnobux
2 hours ago, notuxnobux said:

Hi Luke. The button is not visible when it happens, no. It's as if it's alpha is sat to zero but it's click event listener is still active or something. 

My god the typo's in that post. I can't seem to edit it anymore, so I'm going to fix it here:

Hi Luke. The button is not visible when it happens, no. It's as if the button's alpha is set to zero but its click event listener is still active or something. 

Edited by notuxnobux

notuxnobux
43 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK looking into it. I think I see why that might happen. Thanks.

That's great. This is a breath of fresh air for me. I'm a recent Plex convert and a now emby premiere subscriber.

Thank you Luke.

• Thanks 1

notuxnobux
On 08/12/2022 at 22:27, Luke said:

OK looking into it. I think I see why that might happen. Thanks.

Just wanted to add... I tried enabling "auto skip intros" to work around the issue for the time being, however, it still happens even with the auto skip option turned on.

Hope this helps with figuring out the issue at your end.

Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

There's a weird issue with the Xbox client where if you're watching a TV show and a "skip intro" button shows up, unless you hit another button (like a directional button), pressing "a" (to pause it) jumps back to the end of the intro, even long after the skip intro button disappears.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

• Like 1

seanbuff
43 minutes ago, belak said:

Is this a known issue?

Yes, already been reported previously

I see - I'll subscribe to that thread then. Forum search wasn't working for me (it was just hanging when I clicked the button) when I posted this. Thanks!

I've also been running into this on the Xbox. Is there any update on the status of a fix?

Edited by belak
  • Agree 1

On 3/21/2023 at 6:14 PM, belak said:

I've also been running into this on the Xbox. Is there any update on the status of a fix?

Hi, this was resolved back when it was reported. What version of the app do you have now?

On 3/22/2023 at 5:53 PM, Luke said:

Hi, this was resolved back when it was reported. What version of the app do you have now?

I just checked - I'm on 1.1.471.70 and it still has this issue.

Here are my steps to reproduce:

• I opened an episode (I've experienced this with both Brooklyn 99 as well as Parks and Rec)
  • Wait for the "skip intro" button to appear
  • Hit "a" to press the skip intro button
  • Wait for a few seconds after the button disappeared and hit "a" again

It also does the same thing if you wait through the intro rather than pressing "skip intro".

• Agree 1

• Solution
Just now, belak said:

I just checked - I'm on 1.1.471.70 and it still has this issue.

Here are my steps to reproduce:

• I opened an episode (I've experienced this with both Brooklyn 99 as well as Parks and Rec)
  • Wait for the "skip intro" button to appear
  • Hit "a" to press the skip intro button
  • Wait for a few seconds after the button disappeared and hit "a" again

It also does the same thing if you wait through the intro rather than pressing "skip intro".

HI, yes I found a regression and submitted an update to the Windows store yesterday, so be on the lookout for it. Thanks.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, yes I found a regression and submitted an update to the Windows store yesterday, so be on the lookout for it. Thanks.

Oh, awesome! Thanks! I just checked for updates and it seems to have been fixed in 1.1.472.70!

• Thanks 2