EPG guide for IPTV don't work anymore

Przemek
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Przemek

Hello, I noticed that after last upgrade of Emby Server (4.7.10.0) I cannot make epg link work. It refresh very fast and there's no guide. I try all links from that website: https://epg.ovh/
It works great until last upgrade. I can only add file that I download from that website but it will stop working after few days.

Regards.

embyserver.txt

• Solution

Maybe the problem is actually your m3u tuner?

2022-12-07 12:38:27.605 Error M3UTunerHost: Error getting channel list
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.10.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.10.0-19-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc-10 (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2) #1
	Framework: .NET 6.0.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/mnt/Toshiba/dietpi_userdata/IPTV/Sports-IPTV-List-1-13-09-2022.m3u'.

• Agree 1

Przemek
On 10/22/2022 at 11:49 PM, GWTPqZp6b said:

Hi, I'm very sorry I didn't notice that in log. I recently change HDD and now path is different.

Regards.

Edited by Przemek
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Przemek
On 12/11/2022 at 9:48 PM, Luke said:

Yea looks like some problem with the website hosting the xml.

I find some github page with polish epg and so far works OK.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

outlaw69uk

Mine works fine on pc, but not on the android tv or iPhone apps. Iptv works but there just is no guide data. Do you have to manually set it to refresh on the server or something?

Przemek
41 minutes ago, outlaw69uk said:

Mine works fine on pc, but not on the android tv or iPhone apps. Iptv works but there just is no guide data. Do you have to manually set it to refresh on the server or something?

Hi, I have shedule job for refreshing guide in Emby. Some EPG sources cause troubles because program names don't match.

Regards.

On 1/15/2023 at 9:30 AM, outlaw69uk said:

Hi there, why do you think it doesn't work?

outlaw69uk
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, why do you think it doesn't work?

If I knew, I wouldnt have asked the question :) I dont code, or anything like that, and, I dont have this issue on any other platform

6 hours ago, outlaw69uk said:

If I knew, I wouldnt have asked the question :) I dont code, or anything like that, and, I dont have this issue on any other platform

Did you try restarting the app after refreshing the guide in the server?

• 3 months later...
tierzero

I know that this is an older post at this point, but for what it's worth I just finished going through exactly this issue and was getting quite frustrated with it.

I also apologize if this has already been answered elsewhere...  I just wasn't able to find it and wanted to share the knowledge.

A response from another post lead me down the path that made everything make sense...  No amount of EPG guide messing/configuring was getting ANY of the channels to show up in the guide, even though I could see them all and play them fine through Tags, Channels, etc.
This all started happening to me after I was forced to do an update/reinstall (keeping settings) after a system issue.

It turns out that during the reinstall my guide settings dropped all "Channel Tags".  Once I re-selected my channel tags everything started working again.  I spent hours and hours spread across many days trying to figure this out, but it was that simple.

So, if anyone is having an issue where after an update their guide just disappears, then I'd start by checking here and not by deleting your EPG source or playing around with other EPG providers.  There's a good chance this setting just didn't carry over properly.

image.png.10b7d587e65942a1a84dafa6614e4d53.png

6 hours ago, tierzero said:

I know that this is an older post at this point, but for what it's worth I just finished going through exactly this issue and was getting quite frustrated with it.

I also apologize if this has already been answered elsewhere...  I just wasn't able to find it and wanted to share the knowledge.

A response from another post lead me down the path that made everything make sense...  No amount of EPG guide messing/configuring was getting ANY of the channels to show up in the guide, even though I could see them all and play them fine through Tags, Channels, etc.
This all started happening to me after I was forced to do an update/reinstall (keeping settings) after a system issue.

It turns out that during the reinstall my guide settings dropped all "Channel Tags".  Once I re-selected my channel tags everything started working again.  I spent hours and hours spread across many days trying to figure this out, but it was that simple.

So, if anyone is having an issue where after an update their guide just disappears, then I'd start by checking here and not by deleting your EPG source or playing around with other EPG providers.  There's a good chance this setting just didn't carry over properly.

image.png.10b7d587e65942a1a84dafa6614e4d53.png

Hi, we’ll take a look at this. Thanks .