Pinning Emby theater to the taskbar

HawkXP71

HawkXP71

Im running on windows 11 pro with Emby Theater 3.0.17

I recently migrated to the Download version of Emby Theater

Previously with the window store version, I could pin the theater to the taskbar.  Now however, it will only pin to the underlying electron application.

The installer didnt give the option of creating a shortcut, typically when this occurs I can right mouse click on the taskbar icon and pin it to the taskbar.  But doing so, it points to electron.

Any suggestions??

PS.  I recommend renaming the installer from setup.exe to embytheater-3.0.17.exe 

Happy2Play

Only way I see is drag the shortcut from apps menu to taskbar.

HawkXP71
6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Only way I see is drag the shortcut from apps menu to taskbar.

The problem with that, is when I launch it from the taskbar, I get a secondary "electron" icon... Windows isnt recognizing the running application as the launch icon

Happy2Play

The problems of this electron app.  

Probably have to wait on the New Windows app.

HawkXP71
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

The problems of this electron app.  

Probably have to wait on the New Windows app.

Understood. I thought there was an electron app compiler that created a stand alone exe

Bandits

Windows 11 Pro/Theater Desktop - I have no issues pinning to taskbar. Go to your theater folder and find Emby.Theater.exe. Right click it and select show more options. You will find pin to taskbar there.

HawkXP71
On 12/6/2022 at 10:49 PM, Bandits said:

Windows 11 Pro/Theater Desktop - I have no issues pinning to taskbar. Go to your theater folder and find Emby.Theater.exe. Right click it and select show more options. You will find pin to taskbar there.

On 12/7/2022 at 6:31 AM, generiq said:

Use the executable in the installation folder. Right click, and choose pin to taskbar. 

When I do this, and then run the app, it launches a second icon

generiq
3 hours ago, HawkXP71 said:

When I do this, and then run the app, it launches a second icon

Unfortunately, that's as good as it gets.

HI, yes this is a quirk the way the app's window management works. We have a new windows app that we are working on and it will behave as you would expect like any other windows app.

• Thanks 1

HawkXP71
14 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, yes this is a quirk the way the app's window management works. We have a new windows app that we are working on and it will behave as you would expect like any other windows app.

Makes sense.  Thanks alot!

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2022 at 23:00, Luke said:

Is there any way we can keep up with the status of this new app? I'm also having a slight issue with how ET currently creates a 2nd icon, which causes a bit of a problem with some of my home automations. It's hard to make sure the Emby window is opened properly when it's location on the task bar changes depending on how many apps I currently have open.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pmac said:

Is there any way we can keep up with the status of this new app? I'm also having a slight issue with how ET currently creates a 2nd icon, which causes a bit of a problem with some of my home automations. It's hard to make sure the Emby window is opened properly when it's location on the task bar changes depending on how many apps I currently have open.

Not currently but hopefully in the near future we'll have something more to share.

• Like 1