Samsung Q60A TV - 1080@60p and 4k@60p is not supporting ?

sbordun

HI,

I have Q60A TV (Tizen) and having issues to play videos with 60fps (1080  or 4k).

videos with 30p play correctly, but when trying to play 60p videos - I see error on TV.

Is it Emby server or client bug/configuration issue ? or it is TV is not compatible to play 60p files?

Thanks

Edited by sbordun

Hi @Luke,

I attached log files.  each folder contains readme.txt file was the exact time when mp4 was played. I restarted Emby server before each test.

1)4k60p and 1080x60p were not played at all , it was just error message on TV: "Playback Error,   No compatible streams are currently available......."

2)4k30p and 1080x30p were played successfully.

I did all tests on: "32” Class Q60A QLED 4K Smart TV (2021)" TV with 60Hz refresh rate

I am using "Emby for Samsung 1.2.6" app that was installed from Samsung store directly on TV (US localization).

Thanks!

ERROR_TV.jpg

logs.zip

Edited by sbordun

The 4k60p file is h264.  I think on your model, only 30fps is supported for that format in 4K.  That's a special case we would have to add for some models, but all it will do is transcode it to 30fps, which may not be much use to you

I'm not sure about the 1080x60p.

Can you please try turning off Hardware Acceleration in the transcoding settings and see if that resolves the issues?

image.thumb.png.ad1de9abdcef3044246f3f212adfe2e7.png

Hi @SamES,

I tried your suggestion by turning off Hardware acceleration in  transcoding settings.  It didn't help. 

Both 1080@60p and 4k@60p were not played on TV.

it is strange that 1080@60p is not playing!

here is the manual for my  TV (QN32Q60AAFXZC😞https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202209/20220930095221952/OSNATSCA-8.4.0_EM_Oscar_Nike_Kant-SU2e_USA_ENG_220825.0.pdf

Please look into page# 145.  (screen shot of page 145 was attached). 

If I understand the table from the page 145, my Tv supposed to play 60p in 1080 resolution.

image.png.ea93716ce078efbc7006d104f32fadc0.png

I am open for other advices how to troubleshoot 1080@60p playback issue.

Thank You!

image.png.55cab32afe585f067724bc1fad84cd02.png

4k60p.JPG

1080x60p.JPG

Edited by sbordun

4 hours ago, sbordun said:

I tried your suggestion by turning off Hardware acceleration in  transcoding settings.  It didn't help. 

Both 1080@60p and 4k@60p were not played on TV.

it is strange that 1080@60p is not playing!

Thanks for testing, that's not unexpected, but was worth confirming.

While I agree with your comments regarding the 1080p playback, there are a lot of possible encoding options, and the Samsung internal player does not support them all.  In this case, it will still fail.  For example, these are some of the options that Samsung call out as being not supported, but there are many more.  It's very hard to know which is really the issue

image.thumb.png.9d604cab003623ce19b4fc6308e2ef1a.png

When files are encododed, fairly 'standard' settings need to be selected.  The fact that Transcoding also fails suggests there is a problem with the encoding of this file.

If you put it on a USB drive and connect it directly to the TV, does it play using the TV's internal player?

@SamES,

I copied all files to USB flash and were able to play successfully 1080@60p  (h.264) file  only.

4k@60p (h.264) was not played, instead I have seen the error message: ".....the format is not supported...." .

I have done an additional test by creating a new file 4k@60p HEVC(h.265) and it was played successfully from both: USB flash and Emby app on TV. As expected according to specs I have attached earlier.

Could you troubleshoot the issue with me:  Why  1080@60p  (h.264) file  is not playing in Emby TV app, but working from USB flash ?

Thanks 

12 hours ago, sbordun said:

Why  1080@60p  (h.264) file  is not playing in Emby TV app, but working from USB flash ?

I'm assuming you've had multiple attempts at playing this in Emby and they all fail?

To be honest, it's going to be a hard one to troubleshoot.  I can see from the log that the player tried to DirectPlay the file, but it failed, so it then tried to convert it for playback.  When this happens, we don't get any meaningful errors from the player and there aren't really any settings that we adjust to try and make it play.

If you want, you can PM a link to me where I can download this file from you to test.  I might not be able to reproduce it if it plays fine on my TV, but happy to give it a go

the same issue for your file "bbb_sunflower_1080p_60fps_normal.mp4":   not playing in Emby TV app,  but playing from USB flash.

do you still need my sample file?   

Probably not.  I'll check to documentation again, but it's possible that Samsung player available to the app isn't as compatible as the TV's internal player.  We have seen that before in some cases.

Is it related to Emby Tv App version?  

I am using outdated  "Emby for Samsung 1.2.6", Only this version is available in Samsung store for US region.