Watched List - Library.db

MagicPinball

MagicPinball

I am not very familiar on how to do the set of commands you mentioned.  After Emby shutdown, in Windows:
I am able to connect to my NAS: ssh -l <username> <nas>  then password
Issued command: sudo -1     but not knowing what to do at the root command

Prior to 'sudo -i' I am able to cd /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/data to get to library.db.  I do not know how to use cp to copy to a local Windows directory.  I've use WinSCP to copy this file before.

I know my lack of knowledge of linux is not helpng me with this task.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
MagicPinball

How do I copy a Windows file to Emby's data folder in Synology?

I tried using PSCP, in a command windows, and got an error.

pscp xtest.db ADM@media-nas:/var/packages/EmbyServer/var/data
ADM@media-nas's password:
pscp: unable to open /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/data: no such file or directory

Also the destination folder "owner" is emby.  cayars described how to change the file once it was copied.  How do you copy from Windows?

I also tried SFTP.  While SFTP works, I cannot navigate to Emby's data folder.

Edited by MagicPinball

MagicPinball

As JohnWhitmore suggested, I installed file browsing via Docker onto my Synology NAS.  After navigating to "@appdata/EmbyServer/data", I can now drag files onto my browser and load them to Emby's designated data folder, or download files from that location.

As far as the file library.db is concerned, what about changing the Rights (755) and Owner (root)?  Does Emby (on Synology NAS) care that these are different?  The original file has Rights=666 and Owner=emby.

(Note followed: Shut down Emby prior to up/down loading this file.  All I want to do is save the Watched or Played flag for each move/tv show.)

JohnWhitmore

Might I suggest you look at signing up to Trakt and use that plugin to "save" all your watched status. This will work for TV series and most movies - and means you can import in the future.

MagicPinball

At this point, I would like to backup (and restore if needed) the library.db file built into Emby.  I do use Kodi as a front end to Emby and use WatchedList addon, but I must backup this Emby file and have the ability to restore it.

Happy2Play

Isn't any back/restore method going to have issues with permissions when it comes to movining files?

But the Current Premiere plugin already can backup and restore users/userdata as it import/export data into the existing database.