Live TV show details missing/invalid via "On Now"

bardmaster

bardmaster

Server: 4.7.10.0

Roku Emby Channel: 4.0.71

I have noticed the show details screen, which appears after you select a show from the "On Now" row, is now lacking any details about the show and when it is scheduled to end.  The show details are present if you select the show from Guide, they are present for shows on "future" rows, and the details are there when you select the show from the "On Now" row on a web browser.  See screenshots. 

20221204_083448.jpg

20221204_083459.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-04 083541.png

20221204_083804.jpg

bardmaster

I'm sorry Luke, I don't have the capability of doing that as I don't have any kind of Android TV device.  All I have are Roku TVs.  I can confirm the Android app on my phone does display all the show details.

Hi.  You are looking at a channel instead of a program on the Roku.  That's why the display is different.

18 hours ago, bardmaster said:

Huh? I'm sorry @ebr but I don't understand.

That "On Now" row on the Roku is showing channels, not programs.  This isn't easy to tell because we show the poster for the current program on the channel.  So, when you select one of those, you get a channel detail screen and the programs  you are looking for are an arrow down from there.

We should probably look to make the Roku open the program instead of the channel when there is channel information.

Thanks.

bardmaster
3 hours ago, ebr said:

That "On Now" row on the Roku is showing channels, not programs.  This isn't easy to tell because we show the poster for the current program on the channel.  So, when you select one of those, you get a channel detail screen and the programs  you are looking for are an arrow down from there.

We should probably look to make the Roku open the program instead of the channel when there is channel information.

Thanks.

OK I understand what you're saying, and I'm not referring to that first screen with the "On Now" row (though it would be nice to have program info right there!).  But when you click on the channel with the program poster, it opens up the screen dedicated to that program - and per the second screenshot I posted it is now empty on the Roku.  Previously it would have the program details similar to what is on the web version (the third screenshot I posted).

14 hours ago, bardmaster said:

But when you click on the channel with the program poster, it opens up the screen dedicated to that program

Hi.  What I'm saying is it is opening the screen dedicated to that channel not program.  Scroll down on that screen and you will see the programs on that channel.

We'll look at opening the program instead of the channel since that is likely what you want.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
bardmaster
On 12/6/2022 at 8:26 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  What I'm saying is it is opening the screen dedicated to that channel not program.  Scroll down on that screen and you will see the programs on that channel.

We'll look at opening the program instead of the channel since that is likely what you want.

Also it would be ideal if there wasn't a second screen at all, but instead have the On Now screen act exactly like the Guide where

• the show details display at the top, and
  • When you click the poster for the show you get the popup dialog box with options to Tune to Channel, Record Series, or Record.