Caching/Switching users on a remote server

TouchASpider
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

TouchASpider

I have an Emby server hosted outside of my home.  I have 3 accounts on it for different people in my home, none of these are using Emby Connect.

I would like everyone to be able to just "switch user" between these 3 accounts when watching TV without logging in again, but I can't find a way to do that.  It seems that you need to completely log in each time.

I found ways to do this if you have the Emby server on the local network, but not with a remote server.  Is there a feature I'm missing to easily cache and switch users for a remote server?  I'm using Fire Stick 4k, but I could use a different device if that's a problem.

Thank you

• Solution

Hi.  No it isn't possible to login without a password remotely at this time for security reasons.

TouchASpider

Thanks for your response!

Is there any feature request I can +1 for this?  Maybe an option to save logins on the app or a server option that puts multiple profiles under one user/login?

Happy2Play
21 minutes ago, TouchASpider said:

Thanks for your response!

Is there any feature request I can +1 for this?  Maybe an option to save logins on the app or a server option that puts multiple profiles under one user/login?

Remember multiples users, Switch User - Client Behaviour

User Groups or single logon with multiple profiles

• Like 1