Emby Server Beta + Emby Theater in conflict?

CarlosLima
Go to solution Solved by CarlosLima,

CarlosLima

Hi,
I have EmbyServer beta installed on my local network address, with libraries stored on local disks as well and everything has been working fine ever since.
It so happens that I now installed EmbyTheater to use it in place of Kodi and it worked fine yesterday, but now there seems to be some conflict between Emby Theater and EmbyServer beta, both installed on the same pc.
When logging in the circular icon just rotates for a long time and does not access the libraries.
Is it not possible to use both on the same pc? Do I need to turn off EmbyServer to use Emby Theater?
Thank you very much

Happy2Play

What version ET, Store or Desktop?

Only Store app will have loopback issue and requires additional actions.

• Thanks 1

CarlosLima

Before installing ET Desktop, I had installed ET from the Microsoft Store, but I uninstalled it when Luke indicated a link to the Emby website. Is it possible that some folder or DLL from the Store version has been left on the PC that is causing the problem? How to solve.
Thanks

Happy2Play

Have no issues with ET and server on same machine.  Only time I have long startup of ET is when ET is looking for last server and server is not online as I have multiple test servers on the same machine.

1 minute ago, CarlosLima said:

Is it possible that some folder or DLL from the Store version has been left on the PC that is causing the problem?

Not likely as they are totally separate install locations.

• Solution
CarlosLima

I turned off the PC.  When restarting the PC, the ES was activated and when connecting to the ET everything seems normal, so I consider it resolved.  Thanks for listening.

• Thanks 1

CarlosLima

If I understand correctly, the answer is that the receiver always displays on the screen the audio format that is being reproduced, for example, DD HD-MA, DTS, True HD etc, using Kodi. When using ET with the same video, only DIRECT LG-TV or STEREO LG-TV is displayed on the receiver's screen.
I don't know if that's the case, but I've drawn a demo of my current setup and its connections.

SETUP.png

• Thanks 1

CarlosLima

Hi, sorry I didn't understand if you asked a question or a statement.  lol From the research I have done and the tests as well, I believe that the problem is in Windows, because the Realtek hd audio is not reproduced in 5.1 through the HDMI output but only through the rear output of the PC and from there I have no audio output. HD audio such as optical.  the motherboard does have an HDMI output for onboard video (Cable #6) but from there I can't get direct audio to the receiver either.  so it's the TV that is sending the audio to the receiver but as it doesn't support DTS I'm using Dolby Digital Plus only.  Realtek HD Audio is installed but Windows 10 cannot show it as connected.  The curious thing said that before with my Sony TV as a PC monitor I didn't have any problems of this type and started with the change to the LG TV as a monitor.

Edited by CarlosLima
  • Thanks 1