No Video Controls - Help Please

Robnaeyaert

Robnaeyaert

Hi EMBY fans - I have a weird problem that shows up occasionally - no video controls in EMBY Theatre

Im running the latest version and as you can see from the image there is no "skip forward", "skip back", "Next" controls - just a play progress line and that's it.

Is that normal? I cant control my videos.

Cheers Rob

unnamed.jpg

PrincessClevage

Is this with nvidia shieldtv? I have a similar issue where I can see movie and tv folder but when I enter into the folder there is no content or play button or anything. I can however play audio files that are stored on the same location as the video files fine. I am travelling and the shieldtv is connect to home via WireGuard vpn, my iPhone is using the same wifi and WireGuard vpn as the shieldtv and also using the same login profile and it can play and see all video content fine. Any ideas?

On 12/2/2022 at 2:38 PM, Robnaeyaert said:

Hi EMBY fans - I have a weird problem that shows up occasionally - no video controls in EMBY Theatre

Im running the latest version and as you can see from the image there is no "skip forward", "skip back", "Next" controls - just a play progress line and that's it.

Is that normal? I cant control my videos.

Cheers Rob

unnamed.jpg

Hi, you can do everything you need using only the left and right arrow keys.

If you really want to see dedicated buttons for rewinding and fast-forwarding, then there is an option in playback settings to add them back. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Robnaeyaert
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, you can do everything you need using only the left and right arrow keys.

If you really want to see dedicated buttons for rewinding and fast-forwarding, then there is an option in playback settings to add them back. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Hi Like - without doing anything I noted the controls came back on another video.

I didnt change anything.  Could it be video type related?

Cheers Rob

14 hours ago, Robnaeyaert said:

Hi Like - without doing anything I noted the controls came back on another video.

I didnt change anything.  Could it be video type related?

Cheers Rob

No. The default setting is Auto, meaning it tries to figure out if you want the buttons or not. The conditions that determine how Auto behaves are explained underneath the option.