WOL option missing

Tek55

Hi everybody,

I switched to Emby from Plex a year ago and I'm really happy with it. One of the best features for me is the integrated Wake-On-Lan function. But recently I switched to a new phone (One Plus Nord 2; Android 12) and for some reason the WOL option isn‘t coming up at all in the server selection.

On all other devices (Fire TV, old phone) it‘s still working fine.

Can anyone tell me why it isn‘t available on my new phone? Many thanks!

11 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, is it still missing? 

Hi @Luke

Thanks for asking! And yes, it is unfortunately still missing. The version of the app is 3.2.82 if that helps and the server runs 4.7.9.0. 

I also tried using the Emby for Android TV app on my phone. Here at least I have the wol option (in the "failed to connect" dialog), however it fails to wake up with the notification "unable to wake". Thus I thought that maybe something is blocking it on my device, so I installed a random WOL app from the store, configured the server and here it is working absolutely fine.

Shot in the dark: could it be that the two Emby apps just don‘t get the MAC address of the server for some reason? Or what is the condition for not showing the option in the "for android" app?

Thanks for your help! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Luke

Recently I tried it again when I noticed, that a new update was installed (3.2.90) and suddenly the option was there! Thank you very very much for your help!

• Thanks 1