Apple TV version 16.6 cannot ffwd or rewind

RobbyBobby

RobbyBobby

FYI Settings > Playback > Display was set to Auto. I set it to MPV, then Native, then back to Auto. 

The scrolling now works correctly on all three options.😎

I am running into this as well after upgrading. It seems you need to first "tap" the touch pad to bring up the scroll buffer overlay, and then the normal clicking forwards/backwards for skipping/reversing works as intended.

The behavior before was just that you could click right/left regardless if the overlay was active or not and it would skip/reverse. Can we please revert to this original behavior?

(In the interim, I'll try the workaround that @RobbyBobby mentioned above and report back soon.)

bbking67

If you program a better remote you get the ability to map short ff and rw buttons.  I have the older apple remote with very few buttons and using the directional pad for ff and rw is insanely difficult.  Luckily the apple tv lets you use any remote you want and you can map typical vcr controls... it's so much more civilized.

Edited by bbking67
fix typo

Wolfen420

I am just adding myself to the list of those affected. Happens on both apple TVs. 

I do not think it is an Emby issue because it also occurs in Plex.

Edited by Wolfen420

treason

Cosigning.

if the OSD is showing, then left and right skip works, but if the video is playing and the OSD is not displayed, left and right do nothing.

The older way was better. Left and Right always skip/rew if video is playing.

• Thanks 1

DocEagle

Unfortunately, I also have to confirm this. With my Harmony remote control I can no longer navigate at all. The workaround by @RobbyBobby does not work here either.

I also use a Harmony remote and I updated to the latest version and can confirm I am having the same problem with rewind and fast forward. I am however also having problems with pause, sometimes it will work and other times every button is unresponsive except the  back function. The problem is if I exit the video like this, it will continue playing in the background even if I exit the Emby app completely. I can even hear the sound from the video playing in the background when on the main AppleTV display. The only way to stop the video playing is to reboot the AppleTV.

RobbyBobby

I primarily use a Harmony remote, but tested with the regular Apple TV remote too. 

Darn shame that the Settings > Playback > Display didn't work for anyone else.