Menu bar starting location is always "Folders"

Bandits
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Bandits

Server 4.7.10.0 Windows

Theater 3.0.17 Windows Desktop

After entering a "My Media" container, the "Folders" choice on the menu bar is always selected.

Is there a way to get the menu bar choice to start on Movies, Shows, Collections, or Genres by default, or at least remember what was last used? The "Folders" view has no filter, and I would much rather start on Movies or Shows.

• Solution
GrimReaper

You can set landing page for any library in your user Home Screen settings except for Mixed-type libraries where Folders tab is the default page and it ain't customizable. 

Bandits

Thanks for the tip.

I created a new library configured as Movies, and sure enough it starts on the Movies menu choice. What I do not understand is why my current libraries are all marked as mixed content.

What is considered mixed? Is it content, or file type, or both? I have 1 library that is only movies, but it is showing as mixed. It does have DVD and Blu-Rays. All my libraries are very old so maybe I will try and recreate them to see if it retains Movies or TV only.

GrimReaper
Just now, Bandits said:

What I do not understand is why my current libraries are all marked as mixed content.

Just now, Bandits said:

All my libraries are very old

That is likely the reason as it has been reported in several topics that upon some of the previous upgrades users had their other-type libraries changed to Mixed-type libraries. 

3 minutes ago, Bandits said:

What is considered mixed? Is it content, or file type, or both?

Content type, usually a mix of Movies and TV Shows (i.e. my Documentaries library is of Mixed-content type as it contains both types). 

Happy2Play

There was an issue a while ago where some systems changed library content types.  If you truly have specific library content types, you will have to do this fix.

Then verify provider setting on next startup.

Edited by Happy2Play

Bandits

I just created new blank Movies and TV libraries, then used the new options.xml files to fix my current libraries by swapping the <PathInfos>. Everything is working now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You could do that too I suppose but using the link Happy2Play posted is the recommended method. This way you only change what's specifically needed to be changed.

Bandits

That might be a great method for changing new library content types, but my libraries were very old and had much less data in the options.xml files. Creating a new library file of the correct content and adding the old <PathInfos> back in was more reliable than hoping I was going to get everything required in the old library files.