PLAYBACK PROBLEM ON BROWSER IOS

flyzarargentina

flyzarargentina
Usually I watch the movies through the local IP and IOS Safari browser. I am having the problem that the PLAY button does not work when it appears and the movie does not start automatically. It is only possible to play the movie by putting it in full screen and then press play.

IMG_4449.PNG

IMG_4448.PNG

embyserver (1).txt

Edited by flyzarargentina

Hello flyzarargentina,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

• 2 weeks later...
fcarmonanatta

Hi Luke, yes, I still have the same problem.  And apparently it's only on IOS.  On Android it works fine.  I think the problem is a bug with the pop-up on the screen to download the Emby app in the appstore.  Before it appeared at the top of the screen and now it doesn't. And that makes the screen locked

• 2 weeks later...
redrobot2121

I am having same issue... I don't even transcode. Media plays well in 4.7.5.0 but having issue since updated to 4.7.10.0. don't know previous version in between them had any issue. media keeps on loading. server does not response to the get request from client

• 2 months later...
DabhidhUaghd

I was experiencing this issue too with my MD366RS/A (iPad 3rd Gen from 2012) running IOS 9.3.6 using the Safari web browser.

I navigated through the Emby Library to a TV Series and pressed Play on an Episode then it would just sit and display the loading spinner indefinitely.

I found that pressing the full screen button and then pressing play again the video would start working!

When you leave full screen, the video continues to play.

IMG_0337_640.PNG

IMG_0338_640.PNG

IMG_0339_640.PNG

IMG_0340_640.PNG

Gecko

Another temporary solution : I used to put my iDevice in landscape and press the OSD Play Button (not the one from the iOS player) instead of going fullscreen because I noticed that in landscape, the OSD Play Button is shifted upward and can be pressed by the user, while in portrait mode, the button is below the iOS one, and you must instead tap a little bit offset to actually trigger it. Well it's hard to explain but anyway, still an annoying feature of iOS that autoplay does not work...

19 hours ago, Gecko said:

Another temporary solution : I used to put my iDevice in landscape and press the OSD Play Button (not the one from the iOS player) instead of going fullscreen because I noticed that in landscape, the OSD Play Button is shifted upward and can be pressed by the user, while in portrait mode, the button is below the iOS one, and you must instead tap a little bit offset to actually trigger it. Well it's hard to explain but anyway, still an annoying feature of iOS that autoplay does not work...

HI, yes this is resolved for the next release of the server. the loading swirl is partially obstructing the play button in portrait orientation.

For immediate relied it's also resolved on our hosted web app, http://app.emby.media

• Thanks 1