IsMissing field only updated on library scan

HawkXP71

HawkXP71

I have written an app for notifying me when an episode of a show I care about is now available and missing from my collection.

The API call (http request) is

http://..../Users/adminuser/Items?IncludeItemTypes=Episodes&SortBy=Type,ProductionYear,PremierDate,SortName&SortOrder=Ascending&Recursive=true&IsMissing=True&Fields=ProviderIds,ExternalUrls,Missing,ProductionYear,PremierDate,DateCreated,EndDate,StartDate

Optionally, depending on user input MinPremiereDate and MaxPremiereDate are also set.

Note, I handtyped the url, so any typos are MINE and not in the app.  The request works fine.

When I add the episode to the system, and the "auto find" kicks off, and I try to play the movie everything is fine

When I run the command again, after I have played the show so I know the server has the show in its system, the API request still has the episode as missing.

if I run a library scan manually, (or wait until the next day when when the task is run automatically), then its removed frm the IsMissing list.

TO me this is a bug, and the is missing should be updated when the automatic library add system finds a missing episode

Anything further I can do to diagnose it to help?

Happy2Play

Missing has always been this way, added via RTM does not remove the virtual item from database.  It is only removed on a Library scan. 

But there are many topics on this where why do I have virtual and real items or why does my real item show missing.

• Like 1

HawkXP71
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Missing has always been this way, added via RTM does not remove the virtual item from database.  It is only removed on a Library scan. 

But there are many topics on this where why do I have virtual and real items or why does my real item show missing.

and I have seen the comment (Maybe from you @Happy2Play) saying how virtual items should never have been done... :)

An advanced feature, only used by a few, always coming up, requiring constant maintenance. Sounds like a winner :)

HawkXP71
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

An advanced feature, only used by a few, always coming up, requiring constant maintenance. Sounds like a winner :)

Do most users not use the "missing" episodes feature?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, HawkXP71 said:

Do most users not use the "missing" episodes feature?

I would say no.  

But Luke has not really liked this feature at all.

HawkXP71
Just now, Happy2Play said:

I would say no.  

But Luke has not really liked this feature at all.

I would think if they are using Emby for TV they would, movies not so much....

Does emby (I doubt it since Ive never seen it) have a "give feed back on usage" type system? Maybe it should? Where the config of the server could be sent back (if enabled) to let you guys know hwat features are really being used?

21 hours ago, HawkXP71 said:

I would think if they are using Emby for TV they would, movies not so much....

Does emby (I doubt it since Ive never seen it) have a "give feed back on usage" type system? Maybe it should? Where the config of the server could be sent back (if enabled) to let you guys know hwat features are really being used?

Our feedback is via our support channels. We've removed all telemetry in recent years, not that we ever had much to begin with.

• Like 1