Media Browser Recent Activity not properly updating

mbnwa

I am using "Pushover" to monitor my kids usage of Media Browser however it seems when she starts a show from the iPad app the recent activity log is not being updated as it does not show up or send me a push notification all other platform clients seem to work as expected with the exception of the two iOS applications. 

Non-Working Clients:

iOS iPhone: Will not trigger start or stop event when playing a movie or tv show.

iOS iPad: Will not Trigger a start event when starting a movie or a tv show however it does trigger the stop event for movies and tv shows.

Edited by mbnwa

Yes if the web GUI is called and used the events populate as expected

Update:

Working Clients:

Native Web GUI: triggers events as expected

Android App: triggers events properly on both start and stop

Smart Player for Media Browser (Windows): triggers events properly on both start and stop - side note this app is not passing the device name it's just passing SPMB it would be nice to have the true device name shown.

Native app Media Browser (Windows): triggers events properly on both start and stop 

Non-Working Clients:

iOS iPhone: Will not trigger start or stop event when playing a movie or tv show.

iOS iPad: Will not Trigger a start event when starting a movie or a tv show however it does trigger the stop event for movies and tv shows.

Edited by mbnwa

I guess I assumed that adding data to the activity log was part of the core servers job and not client specific. It would seem to me that you could include the function when starting / stopping a streaming event to add the details to the recent activity area. Let's see what we get back from the developers from the iPhone / iPad apps.

This sounds like an issue with the iOS clients.  Does it work if you use the web client?

Based on the testing I can do from my devices (iOS, Android, Windows Tablets) the only apps that do not properly report back is the iOS apps (both iPad and iPhone)

It is but it depends upon the playback reporting coming from the app.

Edited by mbnwa

They already know about it. It was confirmed previously. They posted teasers about the next release in another thread and a fix for this is included.