Metadata for ISOs not complete.

rigo8582

rigo8582

This is going to sound really petty but its something I've noticed for a little while maybe I'm doing something wrong. My only media is bluray ISOs and roms for gamebrowser.

When I first add things it will download things like cover, backdrop, and posters. So that works properly.

But it won't get things like runtime, resolution, and what type of surround sound. If I go into the webclient of the server and refresh it metadata manager it will work. I've tried refreshing through mediabrowser classic with the individual title and doing a library update that hasn't seem to work.

Getting that type of metadata from ISOs is really hit or miss which makes playing them back in some clients pretty iffy as well.

rigo8582

It gets that information every time I manually do a refresh in the metadata manager. Does it do something different during that process of refreshing versus any other time? Is there a way to get that type of refresh automated or scheduled?

no, it should get this as part of the regular scan at the time the video is first discovered. next time it happens post a server log of it.

rigo8582

Here is the server log before. The title(s) affected is Shoot em up, Shes out of my league, and hunt for red October. https://www.dropbox.com/s/51r1554we4nuq68/beforeLog.txt?dl=0

Here it is after I did a refresh in metadata manger. https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpf1dvddqcbcrvd/after%20Log.txt?dl=0

Edited by rigo8582

How do you add the ISOs to your library?  If you are directly ripping them to the media folders we may be attempting to probe them before they are complete.  You might try ripping to a temporary location and then moving them into the library.

rigo8582

I rip them first then move to my library. I rip them first on my main PC then when they're complete I move them to my library.

rigo8582

They're blu ray isos so the range from 20GB to 49GB. I transfer them over gigabit and it can take 10-20min per ISO depending on the size.

Yeah, so probably the same issue.  The next time you move a new one in, post the server log after it is done.

Happy2Play

They're blu ray isos so the range from 20GB to 49GB. I transfer them over gigabit and it can take 10-20min per ISO depending on the size.

Does moving the file to a folder outside your library first then to your library work?  This will prevent MBS from trying to process the ISO during then move process.

rigo8582

Does moving the file to a folder outside your library first then to your library work?  This will prevent MBS from trying to process the ISO during then move process.

No I had a folder where ISOs were present then added it to the library and the symptoms were the same. I've restarted the server and rebooted to see if that makes a difference and so far it hasn't.

Main issue is the only way to get that info to populate so far is to manually do it in metadata manager on the webclient. If there was a way to get that process to happen automatically or schedule it would be fine.

we need a server log of when you added the pre-existing movie folder to the library. the later actions of refreshing manually aren't so important to us.

Have you tried the Scan Media Library task?

once something is scanned in once, the regular library scan is only looking for changes. since the file didn't change it's not going to re-scan for media info

rigo8582

Have you tried the Scan Media Library task?

Yes several times, I've done it in the library section and the scheduled tasks and the symptoms are the same.

Happy2Play

His previous logs (#5) show ffprobe failing here

2014-10-12 19:02:29.9223 Info - App: Unmounting \\SERVER\Movies2\Shoot em up\SHOOT_EM_UP.iso
2014-10-12 19:02:29.9423 Error - App: Error in ffprobe
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
System.NullReferenceException
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.OnPreFetch(Video item, IIsoMount mount, BlurayDiscInfo blurayDiscInfo)
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.<ProbeVideo>d__0`1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<RunCustomProvider>d__49.MoveNext()

2014-10-12 19:02:29.9423 Error - App: Error in ffprobe
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
System.NullReferenceException
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.OnPreFetch(Video item, IIsoMount mount, BlurayDiscInfo blurayDiscInfo)
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.<ProbeVideo>d__0`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<RunCustomProvider>d__49.MoveNext()

rigo8582

I've added a location where the ISOs were there already and the symptoms are the same. I tried a local address instead of network address and found nothing changed.

Here is the first one the only title is Transporter3, I did do refresh and update library through MBClassic. https://www.dropbox.com/s/nernq7haeufx4bg/2before%20Log.txt?dl=0

Here is the log after I hit refresh in metadata manager through the browser. https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7uke4ivzyqyg8l/2after%20Log.txt?dl=0

Can you please try adding a new item in and then posting that log?  That way I know I'm looking at something the very first time it is discovered.

Our ISO mounter cannot access the file for some reason on the first attempt.

2014-10-13 18:09:56.7848 Error - App: Error in ffprobe
	Unable to start mount for E:\Movies4\Act of Valor\ACT_OF_VALOR_BD.iso
	System.IO.IOException
	   at MediaBrowser.IsoMounter.PismoIsoManager.<Mount>d__2.MoveNext()

rigo8582

Would it be possible in the future to put a scheduled task to refresh the metadata? When I do refresh metadata so far its worked every time.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if anything conclusive has been found?

I don't think we were looking any further. Your system is reporting that we cannot access the ISO file at the time we need to.  This appears to be isolated to your environment (at least no one else has chimed in and reported it).

What is the file system involved?  What is "E:"?  Is it an actual local drive or a mapped network drive?  If a mapped network drive, change the reference to a UNC path.