Wake on LAN

pschweig

pschweig

Hi 

Is there a way to get Emby Theater run in the browser to send a Wake on LAN packet when you attempt to connect to the Emby Server?

Currently I have to wait until the initial connection attempt fails before I get to the "Select Server" screen. Is there a Wake Server option available there? I couldn't see one.

Ideally of course it would just wake the server without having to wait for the initial connect to fail.

thanks

Paul

Hi, there is no way for a web app to send wake on lan packets over a local network, sorry. Our native apps can do this though - windows, android, ios, etc.

pschweig

There's a native app for windows? I didn't even realise that lol.

I have now downloaded it and tried and unfortunately it does not automatically send the wake on lan when I try to connect. I have to wait 30 seconds for the connection attempt to fail and then I have an option to wake server which does work.

How can I configure the app to send the WOL packet automically on the initial connection attempt?

pwhodges

Note that there are two native apps for Windows - one in the Windows app store, and one (referred to as the "desktop" app) which you download from Emby and install.  They are completely different, so maybe the one you didn't try might work...

Paulk

6 hours ago, pschweig said:

How can I configure the app to send the WOL packet automically on the initial connection attempt?

There currently isn't such an option, but more options are possible for future updates. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
popy

@LukeIt's the same for me on Android. I have to wait for it to time out on the initial connection and then it wakes the server!

I don't get it, why it's implemented in this way. Why don't just send an WOL packet BEFORE trying to connect?

Please fix this!

Thx

Edited by popy
  • Agree 1