Can’t connect to my server outside my home network

bronxboys971

bronxboys971

I Can’t connect to my server outside my home network, I recently got a new router and I don’t know what else to try.. Can you help please??

GrimReaper
17 minutes ago, bronxboys971 said:

I tried all that

And what were the results? Have you setup port forwarding? Does Canyouseemee see it? Have you run tracert?

bronxboys971

I haven’t tried any of that you mentioned, I can use Emby when I’m home but not outside of my network and I don’t know how to do what you said I’m using spectrum internet router and they told me I’d have to use the app if I wanted to change settings, it was working up till I recently received my new router and now can’t use it out of my network..

GrimReaper

Hence the link I posted above with the steps you can take to get some idea where the hiccup might be. 

bronxboys971

I tried up to the port forwarding I’m using spectrum as my Internet provider and you have to go through the app to change settings, I appreciate your help but I’m not really to knowledgeable with changing these settings..

@bronxboys97,

Spectrum does this a bit differently than most ISPs.  Nearly all ISPs allow you to make port forwarding changes to the router by logging directly into the router, going to the port forwarding section of the router and making the changes.  Spectrum does this differently by requiring the use of a mobile app which you use to manage your network. The process is basically the same once you download/install their app and find the section in the app that controls port forwarding.

That does make it a bit harder for me to help you but I've got this down pretty good. There are two ways that seem to work well but which way depends on your OS and use. The first way (easiest for me) is if you already have some type of screen mirroring setup between your PC and your phone. Two apps that work for both Android and iPhone are:

Similar but slightly different approach is:

• Mobizen. A Live streaming app that can be used in private from your PC to view a /live feed from your mobile phone.

Using any of the above programs I would be able to see your mobile phone right on your PC desktop.  That would allow me to guide you through the port forwarding setup as I watch you do the the setup on your phone.

The alternative method is for you to install TeamViewer on your PC and then install TeamViewer on your mobile as well.  I would first connect to your PC and have a quick look at your Emby settings.  Then while connected to your PC you would start up another shared session on your phone.  I'd then open another connection to your phone so I could watch/guide you.
The first method of having screen mirroring setup is better usually for me as it requires a single connection.  You will probably like screen mirroring anyway and find a few good uses for it in general!

If you would like remote support from us at Emby Media, let us know here or send me a private message (hover over my avatar to easily send me a private message) and we'll get that arranged for your earliest convenience. You can then try the 3 apps mentioned above and get mirroring working between your phone and PC. ApowerMirror and LetsView both make this usually a pretty easy process to get setup.  Mobizen isn't really harder but it's different. You could have all three working in under a half hour, but we only need one.  Take a look at the home page of all three, then pick the one you think you may want to keep using. You can always uninstall any of them when we are done as well.

Carlo