Guide scrolling in v4.7.10 not working correctly

revengineer
Go to solution Solved by revengineer,

revengineer

So I updated to server v4.7.10 on Windows and noticed that the TV guide scrolling is completely hosed both on Chrome and Firefox. It seems that the date is now selected by clicking on the date in top left. It currently shows ~10 days of available guide data. However, when I use the slide on the bottom, I can scroll through several years. The data show for several months, which is bogus. And adjusting the slide by a few hours is simply impossible. Please fix asap.

revengineer

Interesting, a server reboot seems to have fixed the issue. I will keep watching this issue to see if it reoccurs. In the meantime, no action required.

revengineer

Issue is back and I am not sure what makes it appear and disappear. I suggest trying the scrollbar and perhaps changing the date from the date dropdown menu. I have rolled back to v4.7.9.0 and this solves the issue. I hope you can figure this one out.

revengineer
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes I have seen this a few times and am investigating. Thanks for reporting.

Thanks for letting me know. I am glad to hear that you have seen this before. 

• Thanks 1

Yes I'll have the fix up on the hosted web app tonight. I don't know yet if we're going to do another 4.7 maintenance release or not.

revengineer

Thanks @Luke. This is new territory for me. If there is no further 4.7 maintenance release, how would I update the web app? Wouldn't that be included in these releases?

Edited by revengineer

revengineer

oh, ok, then everything is as I understand it. This is not ideal because a major point release typically takes 1+ months to stabilize, so it may be a while until this gets fixed on my system then. However, I understand that you have to look at the larger picture, and if this means that I have to wait, then so be it and I will stick with 4.7.9 in the meantime. Thank you again for a great software. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

If I could reproduce this every single time then for sure we'd push out an update, but since it's not consistent, I think that by itself is not enough, taking into consideration that updates can be disruptive or stressful for some. But there is still time. If something else pops up that gives us a good enough reason, then the fix for this will be included.

revengineer

Understood. Your previous email read as if this issue was solved entirely. I am surprised that nobody else has jump on this thread. I will be patient. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...