[Iconic] - Which badges do you have configured? - And how?

Roodee

Hi all,

are you using Iconic? If you do, show us what badges you are using, and explain how you set it up.

I just started, and I use three (well, four). These are the ones that my users see:

image.png.9f82aac84628a574b8ef7c946870932e.png

The two to the right are quite easy:

• All the way to the right is the badge for new movies / releases.
  • The one the middle are for movies that were recently added - which overlaps with new, but is still quite different.
  • The left icon is for movies based on a true story or on true events. I don't quite like the icon yet, still looking for a better icon. I manually add all these movies to a collection called "Based on a true story", and also add a tag to all of them.

image.png.25ea8996291e83a8b78b0179d153665a.png

The last badge I have is for content that is just blanked out for regular users. I still place a badge so that I can clearly see if I did not blank a certain movie out. Those movies all have a specific tag that I set manually.

image.png.15e82a4dee575aa7090220158147835c.png

I am using the 18 cause it best represents what these are about, but not all a Rated 18+. It is my "sign" that the movie is

• not for the faint of heart
  • not exactly for people that are easily offended
  • not suitable for minors.

But being a "cineast" or "connoisseur" with a high level of curiosity, I want to know them, or at least skim through it.

So, what do you use?

Cheers,
Roodee

I made this a new thread because I did not want to water down the main thread with small talk. Find the main iconic plugin thread here:

Edited by Roodee
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Eigeplackter

Nice work, could you add screenshots of the settings in #1 ?

And maybe have some advice, where my fault is ?

I added your "continuing" to the series library, pretty cool idea and added a "discontinued" image.

I configured the "discontinued" to be red, but somehow the color settings seems to edit all rules ?

image.png.73bbac121ac5ac7c3235466f5e09222d.png

GrimReaper
35 minutes ago, Eigeplackter said:

I configured the "discontinued" to be red, but somehow the color settings seems to edit all rules ?

Nope, can't change color on different rules on the same library, it's one color for all badges. Did ask for such long time ago, guess that one ain't happening.

On 2/9/2021 at 1:06 PM, GrimReaper said:

What would also be sweet is different-colored badges, i.e. Rule icon pop-up window to contain color picker as well. 

On 2/9/2021 at 4:12 PM, roaku said:

If that ends up being a common request, I'll add an option for per rule colors. But that will lead to requests for per rule shape. And size. And opacity. And...

Personally, I like the consistent look. :)

On 9/24/2021 at 5:52 AM, GrimReaper said:

Now that we have per-library color options, would it be too much of a stretch to ask for this again (which would act like an "overrride" of the default badge color)? I know you fancy consistent look, but this would be oh-so useful. 

On 9/24/2021 at 7:59 PM, roaku said:

Sorry, but I don't see this one happening any time soon.

There's my personal preference, but it's mostly due to the amount of complexity it would add to the front end and back end code and for the user experience.

• Thanks 1