Move files without losing watched history?

LqHnyBear

LqHnyBear

I just bought a Terramaster D4-300 DAS and adding/moving drives to it. I want to move files from one drive to another but not lose the watched history? Is this possible? In other words I want to move half my library from drive D to drive E and not lose watch history or customizations I did to collections etc etc. How can I do this?

I'm on Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, Emby Version 4.7.10.0

rbjtech

The watched history is based on the provider ID (the tvdb, imdb etc) - it is not based on the emby ID - UNLESS there is no provider ID for it (which unless it's home video, 99.99% of the time there will be).

You can test this by creating a new test library, copy a few 'watched' files (as new files, don't just point the same files..) - and you should notice that those files are already 'watched' from the same user, because they will be allocated the same provider ID.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Agree 2

Ronstang

I agree with rbjtech.  My already watched flags always follow the movies where ever I move them on the hard drive or to different libraries within emby and if you add a duplicate it will show as watched also.

• Like 1