live tv channel tune timer - emby for android tv

eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy

please caan you add a timer to automaically change the channel when a movie or show starts on later in the futre on the EPG. says its 2pm and total recall comes on at 5:03pm, i want to be able to click on total recall and activate the timer. so if i forget that total recal is coming on a 5:03pm, emby will just automativcally change to that channel at 5:03pm exactly when that movie starts.

• Like 1

gillmacca01

I think a better option would be a pop-up to let you know it is about to start, with options to watch or cancel

eeeeeesy
7 minutes ago, gillmacca01 said:

I think a better option would be a pop-up to let you know it is about to start, with options to watch or cancel

how is that better? im not always at my tv and i dont want to have to pick up the remote. i set the timer because i want it to change to that channel in the first place. i dont want to be asked to change the channel myself.  then i would have to keep picking up the stupid remote to get rid of that stupid pop up on the screen so it doesnt get burned into the screen.

Edited by eeeeeesy

40 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

how is that better? im not always at my tv and i dont want to have to pick up the remote. i set the timer because i want it to change to that channel in the first place. i dont want to be asked to change the channel myself.  then i would have to keep picking up the stupid remote to get rid of that stupid pop up on the screen so it doesnt get burned into the screen.

Hi.  it would be better if it offered you the option to NOT change to the channel.  That way, your scenario still works and, if you've changed your mind (because you're watching the end of an exciting soccer match or something) when the time rolls around, you have a way to stop it.

In the meantime, why not just set it up to record?

eeeeeesy
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  it would be better if it offered you the option to NOT change to the channel.  That way, your scenario still works and, if you've changed your mind (because you're watching the end of an exciting soccer match or something) when the time rolls around, you have a way to stop it.

do you guy just like doing the opposite of what i ask or something? you could still make it change the channel automatically and a warning will come up for 2 minutes before automatically  changing the channel where you have 2 minutes to still cancel the channel change. i dont undertsand why it has to be one thing or another with you guys. its almost like no one understands what can be done when you know how to code. i dont even know how to code but im trying to learn and i still know what can be done i just cant do it myself. thats where your devs come in. and i see lots of feature rquests but nothing new ever gets added to the emby for android tv app. are you guys just done with trying to make it better? is this all we get? the one thing we have to pay money for is live tv and it never even gets an update. and the regular emby app still need s alot of work as the ui is really laggy and have to wait for too many loading screens to highlight another channel or button. and the emby for android tv ui live tv is kind of laggy too but not as bad, i have to wait like 5 seconds to land on a channel for the movie thumbnail to show up because if i press the ok button any sooner, its starts playing the previously highlighted channel instead.

eeeeeesy
3 hours ago, ebr said:

recording takes up space. i already have the files on my hard drive. i dont want duplicates.

eeeeeesy
11 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

do you guy just like doing the opposite of what i ask or something? you could still make it change the channel automatically and a warning will come up for 2 minutes before automatically  changing the channel where you have 2 minutes to still cancel the channel change. i dont undertsand why it has to be one thing or another with you guys. its almost like no one understands what can be done when you know how to code. i dont even know how to code but im trying to learn and i still know what can be done i just cant do it myself. thats where your devs come in. and i see lots of feature rquests but nothing new ever gets added to the emby for android tv app. are you guys just done with trying to make it better? is this all we get? the one thing we have to pay money for is live tv and it never even gets an update. and the regular emby app still need s alot of work as the ui is really laggy and have to wait for too many loading screens to highlight another channel or button. and the emby for android tv ui live tv is kind of laggy too but not as bad, i have to wait like 5 seconds to land on a channel for the movie thumbnail to show up because if i press the ok button any sooner, its starts playing the previously highlighted channel instead.

and there can be a timer tab where you can view all your timers that you can cancel

Edited by eeeeeesy

34 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

you could still make it change the channel automatically and a warning will come up for 2 minutes before automatically  changing the channel where you have 2 minutes to still cancel the channel change

Hi.  That is exactly what I just suggested that you are objecting to so I'm a bit confused.

3 hours ago, ebr said:

it would be better if it offered you the option to NOT change to the channel.  That way, your scenario still works

eeeeeesy
13 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  That is exactly what I just suggested that you are objecting to so I'm a bit confused.

oh i thought you were talking about what gilmacca said

Just now, eeeeeesy said:

oh i thought you were talking about what gilmacca said

I took his suggestion and turned it around - made it an "opt out" prompt instead of an "opt in".  That way, if you weren't in the room or didn't want to grab the remote, you wouldn't need to - unless you had changed your mind and didn't want the channel to change.

I think that would be a better setup IF we were to have a function such as this.

eeeeeesy

also, for the timers tab, you would need an IF is NOT present statement to detect if that channel no longer is playing the specific movie at that exact time and day encase you have created your own channels with ErsatzTV or disqueTV because those programs have an option to re-randomize the content on each channel so the timers wont match up. then you would need a THEN statement to automatically delete the timer if the channel become randomized or out of sync with the timers. theres also the problem of renumbering your channels in xteve or ETV which is the same issue but can still be fixed the way i mentioned.

Edited by eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

I took his suggestion and turned it around - made it an "opt out" prompt instead of an "opt in".  That way, if you weren't in the room or didn't want to grab the remote, you wouldn't need to - unless you had changed your mind and didn't want the channel to change.

I think that would be a better setup IF we were to have a function such as this.

yes that would be good to be prompted to cancel 2 minutes before.