Chrome content dropping frames

rajurules

rajurules

Hi All, 

Please let me know if this needs to be a new tread. However after a quick google this new thread seems to be similar to an issue I am having too. I am replacing some Web Rip or web quality, with Bluray rips and I get a bad stutter and many frames drops in the web player on Chrome and seems to be better in the windows theatre app, and definitely less choppy on a apple tv + firestick players. 

I am running the latest Emby server version, and on all new motherboard + ryzen 5 3600 i believe and all other material other than the new h265 material seems to work the same as before.

image.thumb.png.f06da6944fc4ed80ececba1e12ab303a.png

Hi @rajurules, with the Chrome browser direct playing there's not much that can be done about this. 

Are you on the same local network as the server? Chrome just very recently added hevc support so it might not be all that robust at this stage.

9 minutes ago, rajurules said:

yes on the same local network and directly plugged in. H264 seems to be better than H265. Should i hold off from getting h265?

Well you could play it in Theater or try it in MS Edge. Edge has has h3vc support for much longer so it's likely to be more mature in that.

Edge also adds ac3 audio support which means even more direct play without transcoding.