metadata, goody gumdrops.

cryhavoc

cryhavoc

I have one season in which one of the files refuses to correctly get the metadata.  within metadata manager, that item, in the season, has a continuous spinning indication.  I cannot edit it; it does not save the changes.  the only thing I have not tried is uninstall, server.  I removed--scanned; renamed--scanned; I chose a different tvdb number, and it populates all items.  I go back to the correct tvdb number, same problem.  I chose a different source, no change. I know my folder structure is correct as is the name for the fifth file.  I looked for hidden duplicates as one forum entry suggested solved a similar problem.  I see no reasonable explanation, so I give up.

NOTE:  this season once upon a time had the correct metadata.  the symptom for this problem is that I have no episodes listed within the app to view.

hesitantly I report this problem does not happen with your primary competition server.  i.e., This is not a file/folder/naming problem.  

I pose this not looking for support as you expect logs and folder screenshots, etc.  after wasting many hours on this silliness, I use your competition app for this series.  I hope Luke or other take a look what could explain this infuriating mystery.

Thank you.

oh yeah, the emby server is up2date as of within a week; qnap is also latest hero, within the past week.

Happy2Play

Sorry but without specific info it is impossible to just pick a Show and try to replicate.

Structure, naming scheme, library type, what client?  With info provided what does the competition do?

A guess could be some broken permissions.  But detailed info along with logs are required or it only guess work.