Slow Views in MB+ Classic

tman

I use MB+ Classic for my EHS, and have Views and SmartLists on the Movies screen. What I've noticed over the last few versions of MBS is that Views can be very slow to open. For example, my views consists of 'All Movies', 'Actors', 'Genres' and 'Years'. After entering MBC, then selecting 'Genres', 'Actors' or 'Years', I can wait 20-30s until the View is populated, and then it can be a little sluggish while navigating, until things catch up, then it's ok. If I go back to the EHS, then back into a View, it seems fine. 'All Movies' seems to load quick though, and general operation outside of Views is fine. I've verified this on two installations of MB+ Classic with the same results, so I'm assuming it's the server side (WHS 2011). There's no server or client side CPU spikes, memory is fine as well. Both MB Classic installations are Windows 7 running off SSD's. Everything is super-fast from the web client though.

Could it be a cache issue? All my IBN and server caches are on fast NAS drives, and performance in all other respects is great.

MB Classic v3.0.220.0

MB Server v3.0.5395.0

MB+ Classic v1.0.2.5/v1.0.3.2

Edited by tman

The problem is that MBC was simply not designed initially for a server environment and doesn't do any sort of paging or result set limitation when requesting data (because all the themes expect all the results to exist in the view).  As the server has been fine-tuned to run in lighter and more environments some of the requests that slice and dice things have gotten slower (especially actor requests) than they used to be.

So, unfortunately, I don't have a good answer for you right at this moment other than those types of views will be slow in MBC.

OK, thanks for the reply. I appreciate your response.

I will say though, that this has only started happening in the last month. I've been on the server/MB classic BETA channel, and have been running MB+ Classic for the last 3 odd months. Initially, it was fine. None of the views were slow, and everything moved along at a snappy pace. It's only in the last month or so I've noticed these long pauses when entering Views, and Genre view was especially quick before.