Version 1.4.8 does not allow to change languages ​​and subtitles

Coloboy

good afternoon @Luke.  I downloaded the latest version, 1.4.8 and it does not allow me to change the language and subtitles.  I tried with 2 movies and it only plays the default language and it doesn't let me change.  I tried the emby application of lg, the same movies, and I did not have this problem

I am Spanish speaking and I usually have movies in both languages and several subtitles.  I tried to play smile in English, by default the primary language is Spanish, and when I put English and play, it was in Spanish.  I tried to change the language while playing, but nothing happened.  I tried another movie, the same way, and the same thing happens.  I went to the lg application and it took me to change the language.  thank you very much and excuse my englishScreenshot_20221120_143143_Emby.thumb.jpg.752d349efa23b8733e9b4c0a531760a7.jpgScreenshot_20221120_143131_Emby.thumb.jpg.2b0423733d6edc702717cab164d6d8dd.jpg

Yes, this problem happens to me with version 1.4.8 of Samsung tizen.  alternatively try another emby app to see if it was a movie or app problem.  that's why then i tried with lg and i didn't have the problem. 

New Attach

20221120_144423.jpg

20221120_144417.jpg

20221120_144412.jpg

@Coloboy, Are you using the store, or the USB beta installation?

Can you please turn off subs before you start playback, then during playback, enable Stats for Nerds from the playback menu (cog icon) and take a photo of the information provided?  Is this issue affecting both the subtitles and the audio language selection?

Sorry, I correct myself.  The subs if you change them, the audio is what doesn't change.  I put the audio in English but it still sounds in Spanish. I am using the usb beta version, since it does not appear in the Latin American store.  I can't go back to the previous version because the 30 days have passed and by samsung policy it doesn't allow it.  Thank you20221120_180912.thumb.jpg.6d6cc2a76e52c08eddb897656704e393.jpg

What model TV do you have, 2021?  Have you enabled or disabled the server options for the user to playback audio that needs conversion?

It's a qn90b.  I understand that it is from 2022. I do not know where that option is located.  But it seems strange to me that from the lg c2 application the language changes well and with this app for samsung it doesn't.

There is an issue related to audio track switching on later models which is with Samsung to resolve in a firmware update. I’m making a guess that this is the issue you might be experiencing 

Please check on the server under User Profile settings that all of these options are enabled.  We have added a work-around but it won’t work if these options are disabled  

image.png.2bb43adaec4579e17966e0a66df71b55.png

What a pity that there is no native emby application from the Samsung Latin America store for this model.  But I don't want to keep bothering you if it's a problem with the Samsung model and not with the beta app.  Thank you

Screenshot_20221120_201541_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c5582a0922fb6beda280da955461d0d1.jpg

7 minutes ago, Coloboy said:

What a pity that there is no native emby application from the Samsung Latin America store for this model.  But I don't want to keep bothering you if it's a problem with the Samsung model and not with the beta app.  Thank you

Screenshot_20221120_201541_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c5582a0922fb6beda280da955461d0d1.jpg

HI, we do have a native application. It's just not in the store, but you can install it over USB.

https://emby.media/emby-for-samsung-smart-tv.html

yes, from there I installed the version of tizen 1.4.8 but I read that every month I have to update it manually and now on top of that I have this problem to change the audio

Let’s understand more the problem with the audio.  If you have all those options turned on and you are still seeing an issue then we need to find the cause as it will be impacting the beta and store version. 

I will try and send you a link to the previous version. Can you uninstall the current version and install the version I will try and send you. Hopefully it still installs. You will get an error message alerting you of a new version, but ignore that for now. 

If it installs, please do the same test above, select the second audio track, then send me the same picture from Stats for Nerds. It will have different information, and I think that will be enough for me to see what is the problem. 

A few hours ago I tried to install the previous version, 1.4.6, but since just a month passed, it tells me that the validity period has expired.  Thank you for your help, effort

Edited by Coloboy

1 hour ago, Coloboy said:

A few hours ago I tried to install the previous version, 1.4.6, but since just a month passed, it tells me that the validity period has expired.  Thank you for your help, effort

Did it actually install, but just gave you a message when you try and run that there is a new version, or would it not even install and run?  You can safely ignore the message about the new version for this test if you can get it to install. 

3 hours ago, Coloboy said:

it doesn't get installed.  throws error when trying to install.  The validity period has expired.

OK, thanks. We can try another way soon

• 5 weeks later...

This looks like the same issue we are seeing with 2021 models.  I have added a work-around for the next version which will switch audio tracks on the server for 2022 models as well

Yes, a few days ago I installed the latest version and the audio change problem continues.  There is no possibility to install the same version that is in the chromecast, google tv or fire tv?  Those versions work fine.  I also noticed that the samsung tizen and lg webos versions have a hard time starting heavy movies, 4k, h265, on the other hand, the google tv version works correctly and smoothly from the beginning

Thanks for confirming, please let me know if you become aware of a new firmware version in the future and I'll explain how to test this again as you will need to make a change to force client side switch after the next USB release.

Each device uses the native player for that device, so unfortunately this is the player we need to use for Samsung.  Until this issue, I have found it to have a very high level of compatability, but this issue is unfortunate.  Samsung have at least confirmed this problem with me, and have assured me that a fix is coming, but they cannot confirm when.  In the meantime, we now have an alternative in the next release.

With slow startup, if they are high bitrate files, then the performance of your server, disks and network will be critical in ensuring a fast startup, but it shouldn't be more than a few seconds (< 10).  Try and avoid any playback that requires any form of transcoding or stream conversion.  Unfortunately that won't be completely possible with this workaround if you need to use an audio track other than the first one, but try and avoid DTS or TrueHD tracks as the will always need conversion, as will any graphical subtitles.  Try and stick to an AC3 or EAC3 audio track, ideally the first track, and only use text based subtitles.   This should ensure that the file DirectPlays, and it should start and playback as quick as possible.  

If you post the media info and any logs for a playback with slow startup, then we might be able to narrow down the issue.

15 hours ago, Coloboy said:

Yes, a few days ago I installed the latest version and the audio change problem continues.  There is no possibility to install the same version that is in the chromecast, google tv or fire tv?  Those versions work fine.  I also noticed that the samsung tizen and lg webos versions have a hard time starting heavy movies, 4k, h265, on the other hand, the google tv version works correctly and smoothly from the beginning

Can you please check the Samsung website for your TV model and see if there is a newer firmware version for your TV?  If there is, can you please download and install it via USB, then test again?

2 hours ago, Coloboy said:

Good evening.  That's right, I had a firmware update and that fixed the audio change.  Now, how can you fix the subtitle change?

Ok, so just confirming, after the firmware update, the audio selection is working. If that’s correct, then that’s good news. 

For the subtitle issue, can you please go through an example, including the media info, a screenshot showing stats for nerds and any related log files