Media Library

JCoryShe

JCoryShe

I have a very large movie collection spread out over multiple drives on my server. I started way before i knew that Emby existed. So Im not positive that Emby was able to catalogue all of them.

Is there a easier way other than going one by one to check this?

There is the reports plugin, and can list each item in an easy to read table.

Are you concerned that emby will mis-identify items?

From my experience, emby does a pretty great job at aggregation, so over all you'll probabaly be fine pointing a library at one of your movie folders and letting it go to town.

Once emby has completed it's library scan, you can go though your newly created library's and see how it did (or like I say..  using the reports plugin).

If there is an item that is mis-identified, it is an easy fix using the metadata manager.

here is a screen shot of what the the reports plugin looks like:

reports.thumb.png.9e3abc5129751c1c6b00c2c7033434f9.png

Edited by chef

JCoryShe

That is what I tried the first time, but you end up having to check each file manually to see if they appear in the library and like i said I have well over 3000 movie files spread across multiple drives on my server. I was wondering if there was some way that you could find unreconized movies. When I first started this mission I noticed alot of movies because of filename wherent being added so I spent a long time fixing that issue but now im at the point that its very hard to see if any are still missing. 

Maybe something where Emby can show that it cant figure out what to do with a piticular file so it can give the user a chance to fix the issue, whatever that may be

Edited by JCoryShe

JCoryShe

I also have another question, I have been backing up each Library to another drive after emby has added all the image and nfo files so if one day that I may not have the internet anymore and something bad happened I have a way to restore everything . I would like to be able to see if there are image and nfo files on the drives that the video file may have been accedently deleted or moved ect... So that Im able to remove those extra files

20 minutes ago, JCoryShe said:

That is what I tried the first time, but you end up having to check each file manually to see if they appear in the library and like i said I have well over 3000 movie files spread across multiple drives on my server. I was wondering if there was some way that you could find unreconized movies. When I first started this mission I noticed alot of movies because of filename wherent being added so I spent a long time fixing that issue but now im at the point that its very hard to see if any are still missing. 

Maybe something where Emby can show that it cant figure out what to do with a piticular file so it can give the user a chance to fix the issue, whatever that may be

I'm not entirely sure.

Someone may have a better idea, but I think this might be a manual process.

If Emby did in fact miss video files, perhaps the first step would be to know exactly how many video files you actually had, so you could compare the number to what was processed.

At least that way you'd know if emby did miss something for sure and you'd have an idea of what types of media to look for. 

😬

The good news is that, if this manual process is the only way (no one else has a better ideas), then at least you'd only have to do this once... LOL!

But in all seriousness, I'd be hard pressed to think that emby would miss video files, it might mis-identify something, but for the library to miss something entirely would be odd.

What is your file structure look like?

Are you following the movie naming guidelines in the Emby wiki? 

Example:

D:\
--- Movies\
--- --- My Movie (2022)\
--- --- --- My Movie (2022).ext

or something else?

JCoryShe

I have taken it one step further and have individual folders by Letter.. A B C ect... so that I can find things easier. I also use another program Erics Movie Database and when it scans the folders if it has an issue with what it may think the Movie is it brings up a popup for you to decide so I wonder if thats a posibility to have in Emby to maybe stop any mis-identify of movies