No Audio Playback RANDOMLY

JellyfinStan

JellyfinStan

Hi,

I have two Samsung TVs and Two Android Mi Boxes. I have two setups that are exactly the same. They use the same settings in the Emby app and are on the same app version, communicating with the same server using the same account accessing the same library.

One works, the other doesn't. I can not for the life of me figure out why I get audio playback on one setup but not the other.

The set up where Audio does not work, it is only Emby playback that does it. Emby's SFX still play, the TV's SFX still play, I get audio from other sources.

What gives? I didn't expect sound to randomly cut out in the middle of playback, let alone take 4 hours trying to figure out why only to come up completely empty.

I ran through the gamut of double checking settings, restarting devices, TVs, the server, and the server computer. Still no luck. Force closed the Emby app and even reinstalled it and I'm still getting grief from one of two identical setups.

Thanks.

Edited by JellyfinStan
Missing troubleshooting information

• 1 year later...
JellyfinStan

I ended up figuring this out for myself. The problem was one of the MiBox's audio setting was turned to 0 out of the box, vs the other one which started at 70%.

That's what I get for buying cheap lil media boxes. I have since moved on from these, and if anyone else is considering them I would recommend against them. Still, I appreciate the attempt at the help and I apologize for never coming back to see your reply @ebr.

• Thanks 2