Emby popup to update, but can't select yes/no

gddeluca
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

gddeluca

Started getting a popup message when Emby starts on my Firestick 4K. It says something like

A new version of software is available to install. This appears over top of the Emby home screen.  It has two buttons, one to proceed, one to decline.

But I can't move the active cursor to either button, all arrow movements are processed by the underlying Emby Home screen.

The Popup never mentions Emby, it just says 'a new version of software'

Is this even Emby asking?  If not, any ideas what it is?

gddeluca

Gonna be tough. 

a) It 'goes away' on it's own after a short while, usually while you're fumbling trying to figure how to respond to it.

b) My Firestick is being controlled by an IFR adaptor. ( So I can continue to use my Harmony universal remote) So holding the Power and Home buttons to take a screenshot ain't going to work.

Q: Does Emby internally access some other software on the Firestick to assist in video processing? Maybe it's from that software when Emby establishes the interface.

How long is it up for? can you get a picture with a smartphone? Anything just so that we can see what it looks like would be fine. Thanks.

gddeluca

OK Luke, thanks. That explains why I can't cursor select. I need the actual LG remote.

Many thanks.

Yea I don't like those LG dialogs either, they are very intrusive and force you to get up and get the LG remote. I think they finally got smart about this because on a 2022 LG I don't see those dialogs anymore. It seems to do a better job of just taking care of it all in the background. Or maybe I just haven't' seen one yet.

gddeluca

Yeah, I'm in a condo and management are toying with getting a Bulk Condo deal from Bell Canada for Fiber TV and Internet. So I was exploring connection options. I'm using the Firestick mainly because the current ISP TV provider doesn't support the LG WebOS.  If  we go the Bell Fibe route, I may not need the Firestick and can use the LG TV to directly access my Emby library.  (Hence my exploring Emby on WebOS) Whatever I do, I also have to consider my wife, who has Macular Degeneration and is basically 85-90% blind. On-screen menus, channel guides etc. are borderline impossible for her, even changing from a Harmony remote to either the LG remote and/or the Bell remote is going to be a learning curve.  Let alone the bedroom tv, which is also different (a Samsung and a ChromeCast with Android TV).

Sometimes simple things in life become way too complex.

• Thanks 1