New Processor?

slevin7

slevin7

Hello,
I'm wondering if my server could handle a new processor, since I still have an Intel Pentium G4560 in the system.
I have always been happy with the little power it consumes. 

Since it has the Intel® HD Graphics 610 in it and I didn't want to install another GPU, I wanted to ask if an upgrade would be worth it. If so, which processor would be recommended?

Thanks a lot 

If I were you I would ask myself:

1. Is there any problem related to CPU?

It yes, then go to 2., if not then no upgrade.

2. What is the problem (e.g. not possible to transcode stuff you need) and would a new CPU solve that issue?

If yes, go to 3., if not no upgrade.

3. Is the problem worth to through the money at it?

If yes, upgrade, if not, no upgrade.

End. 🙂

• Like 1

Q-Droid
4 hours ago, slevin7 said:

Hello,
I'm wondering if my server could handle a new processor, since I still have an Intel Pentium G4560 in the system.
I have always been happy with the little power it consumes. 

Since it has the Intel® HD Graphics 610 in it and I didn't want to install another GPU, I wanted to ask if an upgrade would be worth it. If so, which processor would be recommended?

Thanks a lot 

It depends on a number of things. What other Kaby Lake (7th gen) processors can your motherboard support? Would the best replacement you can get be enough of a jump in processing capacity? Are you running an OS that can easily handle a processor swap?

Or did you mean a more comprehensive CPU/MB/RAM upgrade? Same questions plus a few more.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1