Remote Connection Problem

riverboat2001

riverboat2001

I'm having exactly the same issue. PC in front of me accessing emby on local network.

Android phone next to it using just mobile sim (wifi turned off)

Put in my emby connect username and password. after a second, the name of the server comes up.

I click on it and get, 

"Connection Failure"

We're unable to connect to the selected server right now, please ensure it is running and try again.

I haven't used emby connect for a couple of months, and two days ago i swapped from a 4g mobile router to Starlink.

I don't know what the issue is. I have the correct username and the correct password.

I can attach a log tomorrow, or should I create a new thread?

EDIT: just read that starlink uses CGNAT and there is no ability to port forward or manage ports of any kind.

Edited by riverboat2001
more info

@riverboat2001 

EDIT: just read that starlink uses CGNAT and there is no ability to port forward or manage ports of any kind.

You still need to be able to remote connect prior to using Emby Connect. If you can't do that, then there is no magic in Emby Connect to punch a hole through your network and reach your server. That accessibility has to already be there.

I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not.

@Happy2Play may have some CGNAT tips. They do make it more difficult.

• Like 1