music album images don't show on ATV app

justinrh
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

justinrh

Here we go again with the audio library ...  Some album images don't display on the ATV app but they do on the web app.  See images below.

One thing I noticed is that for the albums that do show an image in ATV, the image is shown in the "Edit Images" dlg.  For the albums that show in the web app but not in the ATV app, the web app "Edit Images" dlg does not show any images at all!  What is going on?

web app:

image.png.2fbdd3a5e975e03110f5d7da09f29304.png

ATV app:

image.png.79864ca575a1eef099934288184cbd3f.png

Happy2Play

Are those images shown as Primary images or Backdrops?

But to me it looks like ATV is not falling back to alternate image where the web client is.

• Solution
Happy2Play

Can only guess as they sort of look like Artist backdrops ie fallback images in the absence of proper images.

example Lynyrd Skynyrd

https://images.fanart.tv/bigpreview/lynyrd-skynyrd-4fa710a24afed.jpg

Have confirmed they are Artist backdrops by deleting primary Album image.

So this would confirm the Client is not using the same fallback methods.

Edited by Happy2Play
tested

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, justinrh said:

Why do I not see any images in the edit dlg, yet an image shows on the card?

Because you have no images for the album, so the Album display is falling back to Artist backdrop.  Edited above with confirmation in my tests and will assume client does not use same fallback methods.

So you would need a new topic to determine why your albums are not getting images.  But I personally ensure all my tracks have embedded track image for album before ever importing into Emby.

justinrh

OK.  Would you not consider the diff behavior between clients in this case a bug?

Edited by justinrh

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, justinrh said:

OK.  Would you not consider the diff behavior between clients in this case a bug?

Personally no as I don't expect 100% transparence between clients.  But that is all up to the Devs.

justinrh

I fixed all the images that had fallbacks by manually identifying them.  Thanks for that hint.  I don't know why some of them weren't identified automatically.

2 hours ago, justinrh said:

I fixed all the images that had fallbacks by manually identifying them.  Thanks for that hint.  I don't know why some of them weren't identified automatically.

To determine this, we're happy to help:

Thanks !