Override supported codecs

SLMK

Hi, Is there any way to change what codecs theater reports as supported?

I have a device with an older Intel chipset that "supports" H265, however its pretty unusable.

Anything played in the browser on this device works great as it transcodes, but theater often has severe problems with H265 content.

Bandwidth is not a problem at all, so forcing transcoding by playing with the bandwidth settings is less than ideal.

I think an option in the resolution/bandwidth menu in theater to force transcoding but leave bandwidth/res on auto would be great as a tool for problematic files.

Happy2Play

Yes I believe all clients should have the Playback Correction option to toggle between Direct, Remux, Transcode.

2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes I believe all clients should have the Playback Correction option to toggle between Direct, Remux, Transcode.

A "compatibility mode" checkbox to force X264 transcoding regardless of source format, while still abiding by the resolution and bitrate settings would be a great feature IMO.

• Thanks 1

generiq

This doesn't make sense. If you're using Theater for desktop and the hardware acceleration isn't working, try either copy mode or just disable it.