Downloaded Content - No Compatible Streams

johoja12

johoja12

Hi

I have some downloaded content on my iPad that results in an error when I try to play it back - this happens to only this particular show. I've attached the ffmpeg log of the transcode from the server. 

The transcode speed seems abnormally high as well when I compare it to other files. Streaming the file directly from the server works fine -- just when downloading it to the iPad results in this.

IMG_0050.PNG

ffmpeg-transcode-3fbfe9b0-e509-4328-a164-d2704b3eac77_1.txt

Edited by johoja12

Hi, yes some have reported this, although it's not happening with all files. Anyway it is resolved for the next update to the Emby iOS app, which we're hoping to release next week. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
plittlefield

Yeah this caught me out on the plane to Germany 😞

I downloaded a few episodes of a TV show that are HEVC and AC3 …

image.png.d282baf30df6bc617b4420d77300d8cb.png

… but when I came to view them on the plane I received the error “no compatible streams.”

Naturally the same files play fine on my iPad when “online” and streaming from the server inside or outside the home network.

One thing to note, I did choose “Original” for the quality option when Downloading to the iPad.

Emby Server version 4.7.10.0,  iOS version 15.7.1,  Emby for iOS version 2.2.5

Can anyone help?

Edited by plittlefield

Hi, yes haven't reproduced this myself but users have confirmed it's resolved for the next update to the Emby iOS app, which we're working on submitting to the store. Thanks.

• Like 1

forbius95

Seems to be related to the srt files within the video.

From my side, when I download videos with .ass subtitles it works perfectly.

Looking forward to the next update. Thanks Luke !

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
plittlefield

I can confirm that a video made up of 1080p HEVC with EAC3 5.1 and ASS subtitles works when downloaded to an iPhone 8 running iOS 16.2 using 'Original' as the download option.

I can also confirm that a video made up of 720p HEVC with AC3 5.1 and ASS and SRT external subtitles does NOT work when downloaded to the same device.

FYI - I use a Roku Streaming Stick+ on our living room TV and ASS subs do not work on the Roku - I have to use external SRT subs with that device.

This is why I was trying to watch Tokyo Vice with SRT on my iPhone on the plane a few weeks ago and it came up with that error 'no compatible streams' so the error is probably to do with the SRT subs?

Edited by plittlefield

pwhodges
54 minutes ago, plittlefield said:

FYI - I use a Roku Streaming Stick+ on our living room TV and ASS subs do not work on the Roku - I have to use external SRT subs with that device.

There's an option in the Roku settings to get the server to burn in ASS subs.

Paul

plittlefield
7 hours ago, pwhodges said:

There's an option in the Roku settings to get the server to burn in ASS subs.

Paul

Interesting, thanks!

I will try that and report back tonight.

plittlefield
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

We're working on getting an update out to the apple store to resolve this. Thanks.

Thanks.

To be fair to you I didn’t know that the iPhone shows ASS subs fine and also I didn’t know about the burn in option on the Roku which solves the living room TV issue!

Great community here and looking forward to watching loads over the festive period… merry Christmas everyone!

🙂

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

HI, Emby for iOS 2.2.6 has been released. Please try it out and let us know how it compares. Thanks !

plittlefield

TEST #1 - mp4, x264, stereo, no subs, no airplane mode = SUCCESS

TEST #2 - mkv, x265, 5.1, subs, no airplane mode = SUCCESS

TEST #3 - mkv, x265, 5.1, subs, airplane mode = SUCCESS 

Yay!

• Thanks 1