tv live recording on samba drive

nunu22

hello !

i would like to know if recordings on a samba share drive is supported ?

I can set as recordings directory a samba path ( \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xx\dir\ - i can browse in , but recordings fail - there are no right access issues, but in samba 2.0)

But if this same share directory is mounted in /mnt/dir and i set this mounted directory in emby ( /mnt/dir/) , recordings works ...

have you already succeed to record directly into a samba share directory ?

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i''m emby server is running on armbian bulleyeson oroidC2.

i notice something strange, but i need to confirm: by default, the recording directory box is empty. If if set something else, new recording directory is taken into account. BUT if i want to change again, i need to set the box empty again before setting a new recording destination.

i need to check again...

emveepee

Unless Emby does something behind the scene, UNC styled share names ( \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xx\dir\) are only supported by Windows.  That is not a Samba name.

Martin

24 minutes ago, emveepee said:

Unless Emby does something behind the scene, UNC styled share names ( \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xx\dir\) are only supported by Windows.  That is not a Samba name.

Martin

We do actually do something behind the scenes, with an entire SMB implementation embedded, however, we have not yet added any way to configure credentials, so it will only work with anonymous shares.

Even once we do that though, I would still suggest using the built-in support from the OS by mounting the share to a local path and then using that with Emby.